Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Yes. you would be agreeing to a new 18 month contract. There is no FUP on the Unlimited product.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

A question that I don't seem to be able to find an answer for in either this thread or the other previous one. Probably because most of the questions are from existing users and don't really cover this.
I have a relative who was about to move from TT to Plusnet and so I advised him to wait until after today when the new products are available.
He was initially going to move to 'like for like' i.e ADSL Unlimited & Phone but then change to Fibre Unlimited in a couple of months. I think this was on the basis of slightly less chance of anything going wrong initially with the transfer from TT if Fibre isn't involved.
Anyway, to the question, if he did that what would happen to the discounts when he changed to Fibre Would they be :-
lost ?
Continue at the ADSL discount of £5 month for the remainder of the 12 months ?
Change to the Fibre discount of  £10 month for some period ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

StuartUK35
Grafter

coolio, am happy to resign, as said, happy with what i get Smiley Smiley
Got a link to the page so i can read what it says for throttling ?  ta
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: godsell4
On the Essentials product, is there still the option to buy more than 10GB usage?
On a Market1 exchange, my BBYW1 10GB Special Offer account at £10/month is still hard to beat. I dont fancy paying £13/month for 10GB especially if I do not have the option of increasing usage. The jump to £17/month for Unlimited if I start to use a little over 10GB is not great.
The joys of Market1. Sad

Ah, but don't forget, on BBYW products we can buy extra usage in smaller chunks.
Quote from: Bob
Quote from: godsell4
On the Essentials product, is there still the option to buy more than 10GB usage?

Not in advance no. You are charged £5/5GB or part thereof if you exceed your included allowance (assuming you haven't set a cap).

It makes not switching a no brainer. As you say the joys of Market 1.  OFCOM will get a lot of earache about Market 1 from me in the new year
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Same here I hope they are not going to drop speeds.
Quote from: spookypickle
OK so I've bitten the bullet and requested a change, which will come into effect on 1st January (my billing date).  My only concern was this:
Your Broadband speed
Current product:
    12Mb (down) / 1Mb(up)
New product:
    7.5Mb
The speeds above are based on the details we have on your account:

I'm guessing that's just based on the theoretical minimum estimate, considering I'm currently now connected at just over 16mbs. 
BRABUS
Grafter

If I switch to the new unlimited from my old unlimited will I keep my same static ip?
jheenan
Grafter

FAQ says: "I have a static IP address, will I keep this if I request an acccount change? Yes, although in a small number of cases we will need to assign you a new IP address."
How will I know if it's going to change or not? (I'm currently 212.159.108.xxx)

Is there any disadvantage (other than renewing the contract) in switching from Plusnet Extra Fibre to to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre?
dsw
Grafter

I'd say the only drawback is the new contract you'd be starting, but that depends how far you are in to your contract? If you're near the end might be worth waiting then contacting Customer Options at the end to see what nice deal then can offer you. Your choice on that though! If you're happy with what you would be paying then I guess it doesn't matter.
harps1h
Grafter

I have signed up this morning for the unlimited ADSL+. As a non contract customer if i left to go to another company for 1 month and then came back i would be treated as a new customer, so where is my incentive not to to do that before tying myself into a 12 month contract?
Answers on this thread please?
jheenan
Grafter

Quote from: harps1h
I have signed up this morning for the unlimited ADSL+. As a non contract customer if i left to go to another company for 1 month and then came back i would be treated as a new customer, so where is my incentive not to to do that before tying myself into a 12 month contract?

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.msg942986.html#msg942986
dsw
Grafter

Quote from: harps1h
Answers on this thread please?

Where would you go to for 1 month though? Plus, you'd probably find yourself having to pay new connection charges etc. Customer Options team is definitely the way to go if you're not satisfied.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: HPsauce
If I was to come back to PN would I get to use my same ID/account - i.e. still linked to this Forum account and my referrals?

Probably. Can you still log into our website?
Oh yes, I've checked my referral payments quite recently.  Smiley
Quote from: HPsauce
And are static IP's available
One-off activation fee of £5.

Thanks.  Wink
Something for me to look at after Xmas when the rush has died down..... Cool
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: MisterW
A question that I don't seem to be able to find an answer for in either this thread or the other previous one. Probably because most of the questions are from existing users and don't really cover this.
I have a relative who was about to move from TT to Plusnet and so I advised him to wait until after today when the new products are available.
He was initially going to move to 'like for like' i.e ADSL Unlimited & Phone but then change to Fibre Unlimited in a couple of months. I think this was on the basis of slightly less chance of anything going wrong initially with the transfer from TT if Fibre isn't involved.
Anyway, to the question, if he did that what would happen to the discounts when he changed to Fibre Would they be :-
lost ?

Yes.
Quote from: StuartUK35
Got a link to the page so i can read what it says for throttling ?  ta

Link.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Lots of discussion about Unlimited but I have not found any concise information re Essentials. And I have spent quite a bit of time looking.
Until a few months ago I was paying £5.99 for Value. The price rose to £6.49. Is Essentials at £5.99 just Value with a new name and the old price? What, if any, would be the implications of transferring from Value to Essentials apart from saving 50p per month?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Contract goes from 10 days to 12 months
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)