cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

If you check the closed tickets on your account, there should be one saying that you'd done the upgrade and when it's due to take effect... I've certainly got one of them, and it's not on the Account Summary (which, to be fair, I think I'd expect - rather than it to appear).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As Colin says the ticket area is the best place to check as the Account Summary seems to update late in the process.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks, I do have closed questions on 19/2 (and now 11/1!) relating to the change. Looks like it will happen then - fingers crossed. Wouldn't have thought have looking for a closed ticket though - open until complete probably.
csogilvie
Grafter

They aren't really tickets, they are 'Service Notices' - basically just records of what has happened on your account in this case.
rtapper

Have upgraded from Extra to Unlimited (switch will happen on the 17th) and it says this on my account:
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Pending Provisioned Service \'WBC MAX24 mb/s (ADSL2+ Annex A) 448kbit/s Upstream\' added as a part of Account Change process
Does this mean I will get a faster connection (get about 8.5 at moment) and do I need a new router (currently got a Thomson TG585 V7) ?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Your speed is unlikely to be affected and if your router works fine now it will continue to do so after the upgrade.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nadger
Rising Star

My switch to Unlimited still shows 01/01/1970 Unlimited Pending so hopefully will take place on 18th Jan 2013.
Spider
Grafter

Switched from Extra Pro to Unlimited (contracted) Pro with out issue. No problem with regard to my Static IP or other legacy additions either.
mrfawlty
Dabbler

Another download question I'm afraid.  Roll_eyes
I currently use the overnight time to full effect, really hammering my connection on some nights.  I understand that unlimited really does mean unlimited now, but at the same time, I want to be fair to others and not cause any ill effects - is it AT ALL advantageous for me to continue to time my downloads to run overnight?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It depends on whether your downloads slow down your other activities, if they do then obviously doing them at some other time would be advantageous and overnight is as good as any time.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Spider
Switched from Extra Pro to Unlimited (contracted) Pro with out issue. No problem with regard to my Static IP or other legacy additions either.

You should remove Pro.  At least for a week or so just to see if you still need it.  The product is better with out it.  (IMO)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
cajef
Grafter

I am one of the customers that were given free domain hosting due to the spam fiasco a few years ago, if I decide to upgrade to one of the new packages do I get to keep the free domain or would I have to start paying for it?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you keep it
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
You should remove Pro.  At least for a week or so just to see if you still need it.  The product is better with out it.  (IMO)

I currently undecided as yet. Yesterday the wife was online gaming on one PC, I had a 4GB gaming download on another, gaming server running on another, whilst I was  browsing the web, etc on the fourth PC. Didn't notice any issues on any of the PCs. My main reason for not removing Pro is looking at the management comparison. I don't like the idea of something being slowed down, when I would prefer it to be running at full speed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No problem with that - it just increases Plusnet's profit without really costing them anything  Lips_are_sealed