Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Of course it's a "0" monthly allowance on Unlimited. I suppose an infinity symbol would be better but BT are already using that!! My change from Extra to Unlimited was totally painless.................thanks PN.  Cheesy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: lucerne
Hunting for that long article on Unlimited, that explained it all, LInk please, Embarrassed

http://community.plus.net/unlimited-faq/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: RedSupra
1. I currently get approx Xmbps as a download speed but noticed that the new Unlimited has an estimated Ymbps estimated speed. Does this mean that I'll get a speed drop or is it likely that things will carry on as normal.

This isn't strictly a quote because I have changed the quoted numbers to the algebraic symbols X and Y but the question has been asked several times so should perhaps be addressed in the FAQ.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Chris
Quote from: lucerne
Hunting for that long article on Unlimited, that explained it all, LInk please, Embarrassed

http://community.plus.net/unlimited-faq/
Thanks Chris! Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Rich
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
Of course it's a "0" monthly allowance on Unlimited. I suppose an infinity symbol would be better but BT are already using that!! My change from Extra to Unlimited was totally painless.................thanks PN.  Cheesy

Maybe better just to remove the allowance altogether.  My upgrade was almost painless - just one very small issue (that I half-expected to happen) - and that was fixed very quickly through the ticket system Cheesy  Once again, I cannot fault PN's service Grin
gswindale
Grafter

Only problem with the switch was the fact that PN Protect went from being free of charge to being month 1 of my 3 month free trial!
When queried; I was advised that
[quote="Plusnet Customer Service"]
It shows as chargeable because of your previous account settings
Now my previous account settings showed it as a free add-on; whilst my current account should show it as a free add-on from my understanding of the package as
[quote="Plusnet Advertising"]
It comes free with Unlimited, or with Essentials you’ll get the first 3 months free, then it’s just £2 a month after that.
Now I am on Unlimited; in the Member Centre I am advised
[quote="Plusnet Member Centere"]
Free till 02-04-2013 then £2.00  a month
This is quite clearly extremely confusing for some.  I am hopeful that by April PN will have sorted this out; but it really should have been tested thoroughly prior to roll out as:
a) CSA don't seem to know what is going on
b) Incorrect information is being displayed in the Member Centre
I know what to look for; but how many users who've got PN Protect will not be looking at their emails closely and suddenly discover they've been charged £2 more than previously due to this error in a few month's time?
GlynArmstrong
Dabbler

I have the same problem with PN Protect showing in the member centre as being chargeable. I queried this and was assured that it is due to a bug on the web site and I will not be changed.
amcclean
Rising Star

Pro add on does not remove itself from package as suspected by Bob on page 9. So be aware. Thankfully i noticed it on my billing date and so it was cancelled and refunded.
Confusingly the OP suggested that it will make a difference to my speed within my local cab  Huh and give me better speeds at time of high use in the cab.
When I referred to the PN traffic priority / speed tables saying unlimited etc. all work at line speed he said that was not what they had been advised in training.
I know the PRO add on cannot prioritise me within my cab but can someone please advise that the Pro add on makes no difference to speeds when using the unlimited package.
cheers,
podman
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

On the Unlimited package everything is at line speed (subject to any external congestion effects) at all times. Traffic prioritisation could affect certain protocols, specifically P2P/Usenet but this should only be noticed if you max out your line with higher priority traffic, eg streaming or VoIP. The Pro Add-on changes relative priorities.
Choose Plusnet Unlimited and Pro Add-on in the comparison tool http://usergroup.plus.net/newprodcomp.php for a pictorial comparison of the difference.
David
kdoug007
Grafter

wow  made  a  phone  call and  got me  self  a  bargain,,,,  now  unlimited  fab,,,
fab Plus Net
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Rich
0KB Allowance???

I have an unlimited data plan with my mobile carrier and they set the allowance at 99999  so seeing  0KB  might mislead some people
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's a bug that we've got raised to fix. Putting any number there other than 0 would show the service with a limit and therefore not Unlimited.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
avatastic
Grafter

I got my e-mail saying i was due for the switch at 2am, PPP appears to have dropped at around the same time.
I've still got my static IP block.
I'm still showing as having Max Premium (may need to do a line resync before that drops).
My referrals seem to be still all happy and working.
10/10.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why would you be expecting Max Premium to drop?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
It's a bug that we've got raised to fix. Putting any number there other than 0 would show the service with a limit and therefore not Unlimited.

Would it be right to assume that the fix would remove the allowance altogether?