cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Research survey from takepartinresearch.co.uk.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Research survey from takepartinresearch.co.uk.

I've just updated my comment.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

For anyone who may be interested this is a pic of the email
Dick:blue Image containing unauthorised link removed.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@2u2me - Apologies for this, but I've asked a moderator to remove the screenshot of the email as it contains the link to the concerned research survey. We only want the individuals that received this email to have access to this link.
I note that the link was at the very bottom of the screen, and if you scrolled slightly up the page, it wouldn't have shown. At this point, the remainder of the content of the email should be free to disclose if you like.
Matty
2u2me
Pro

Note to individuals, if you would have followed the link it would have been a waste of your time Wink
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: MattyC
There was a much bigger response than initially anticipated, so all places were filled really quickly. Not everyone was able to have been taken on, so not everyone was contacted.

If they got as far as filling in and returning the form, and there wasn't room for them by then, surely simple courtesy requires them to be told. With an apology for wasting their time :).
2u2me
Pro

Thanks  Estragon, my point exactly, I feel I was duped into filling in a questionnaire/survey with no intention of being included
  into the discussion group even though the email looked like I was already booked a place, and just needed to confirm the time
  and yes I did put off other appointments for this because up to the last minute I was expecting a call hence me contacting the
  Plusnet coordinator  Angry 
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's a fair point, and I've passed it on. Once again, my apologies.
2u2me
Pro

A bit of Humble Pie?, do you think I should accept another invitation?
Please write your replies on a post card Lips_are_sealed
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I wonder how many of the forum regulars were invited?
I suspect none, for they will be seen as the 'more demanding' of the user base and therefore thought to be unrepresentative of most users.  I suggest that they are also possibly less well informed about what is available, what a good ISP should be aspiring to deliver.  I did ask how were the candidates selected to ensure that they fully represent the user base; that question has not yet been answered.
I fear that in the future when challenging demands are raised, the response will be "when surveyed our user base did not ask for that...".
So we can expect to wait longer for IPv6, SSL, better router option, self install and risk loosing what's left of those things which distinguished PlusNet for the run of the mill - bear bones - rest of the pack providers.
The feedback is valuable, and helps to establish the development of Plusnet services, and will help Plusnet gain a bit of an insight into customer needs.

It is now over 18 months since Chris, Chris and Chris in the good olde days of the DCT asked for a list of suggested priorities for the (then) new CEO.  We have seen no response and nothing new delivered in that time, beyond the removal of limits on BB packages, sports TV for some and a sop at parental control (no criticism intended by 'sop' just that any suggestion that this technology actually works and protects children is false security).
Will this "user encounter group" actually make a difference?  If it does, is it a difference which we will welcome?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sizzler27

I received the same email yesterday about attending on Monday, yes, this Monday. So if they are oversubscribed why are they still sending invitations out 4 days (2 working days) before the event. I filled out the questionnaire last night and have yet to receive a phone call and yes I completely agree, it is worded in such a way as to make you think you had already been selected (I wouldn't have filled it out otherwise) This is making me very angry, being mislead by the representatives of a company I have been a loyal customer of for a number of years (about 4 or 5 I think) Disgusting way to treat people, and yes, I admit, it is mostly about the £50 for me and that serves to make it feel quite nasty, being coerced by an unfulfilled promise of money.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: 2u2me

A bit of Humble Pie?, do you think I should accept another invitation?
Please write your replies on a post card Lips_are_sealed
Post card?  :oToo large!  Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The feedback is valuable, and helps to establish the development of Plusnet services, and will help Plusnet gain a bit of an insight into customer needs.

Hi Matty,
There has been lots of feedback on numerous subjects here on the frums?  Will that feedback be included in any planning ... or is feedback only being accepted from the chosen few?
Talktalk are universally dammed for their poor customer service, however I had need to engage with their support portal for my client awaiting BTOR installation of the new PlusNET line.  I have to confess to being VERY impressed by their (apparently) comprehensive automated line and broadband diagnostic tools.
Simply navigate to the support page and click the "check your line / service" (or whatever) link.  A couple of minutes later you get the results, including current line speed ... Etc.  WITHOUT any need to log on or navigate their portal, it identified the line and subscriber without fuss.  I suggest that something similar from PN would be beneficial.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.