cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

James
Grafter

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

You wouldn't have been contractually bound anyway - Because it's a detrimental change in your contract you would have been able to exit free of charge.
I'm sorry the timing was poor in your instance.
cookie329

So are you saying that I can keep the existing contract until October and then cancel when the increases kick in? And I would not be penalised for this?
jim:quote
James
Grafter

No - Sorry.
What I meant was it didn't matter about the fact that you were in the cooling off period for the new contract.  I meant that we have to give you a notice period for the pricing changes during which time you can cancel without penalty.
cookie329

How long is the period after notification of a pricing change, where you are able to cancel without penalty?
James
Grafter

Once you get the email (I'm not sure if you have received it already) there's a bit in the terms section, which states it is 10 days.
cookie329

So I received the email today. I have until the 18/8 to notify PlusNet of my decision to terminate my contract. PlusNet will then need a further so many days to actually physically cease the supply. Have I understood this correctly because this would actually provide me with a reasonable amount of time to arrange a replacement provider without having do manage without broadband for a period of days?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Request a mac code you should have no downtime at all when moving from PN to your new provider.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cookie329

As of earlier this afternoon, PlusNet have told me they will disconnect on the 19/8. What happens if I can't get another provider up and running by then? Does the mac code still guarantee continued service? 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If we're cancelling the service, another provider can't give you service until the line is clear, after that it's normally a 5-7 working day wait.
I'd suggest contacting our Customer Options Team, asking us to cancel the cease and then request a MAC. The MAC should allow you to switch without downtime and without incurring a cessation fee.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cookie329

OK will do that. Please excuse me for being pedantic but I don't feel I've been given particularly clear and accurate advice by PlusNet and would like to be absolutley clear. I cancel the cease and request a MAC. Even though I am technically under contract, this will be granted without any penalties because it is PlusNet that has changed their prices and this allows me to extract myself from the contract. Once I have decided who the new supplier is and given them the MAC, the switchover will be done without any downtime. Please confirm this to be correct and I will follow these instructions.
scoobydoo1
Grafter

if you cancel your contract without using your mac you would need to wait as mentioned above until the line is clear, ALWAYS use a mac as that means the switchover should you move to another ISP would be (maybe an hour or so) its normally less than this , my advice look around for best deal, once you found it, use the Mac code (if needed as some dont require a mac to move)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

With yet another increase in LR coming in soon , are PN going to be offering caller display for free? like all the other "big" suppliers do.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonJon
Grafter

I hope you're going to spend some of the extra income on callcenter staff - I've tried to call twice today and both times been told that there is a 20 minute wait.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

They are, that's probably why they putting the costs up. Crazy
See here: http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/07/23/plusnet-to-open-second-site-in-leeds/
Regards
Mike

Quidnunc
Hooked

Whacking great price rises - you cannot be serious....

Come on PlusNet - is this a joke? Just got your email telling me that from 1st October:
  Monthly line rental including evening and weekend calls - increases from £13.99 to £14.99 or 7.1%
  Talk Anytime - increases from £4.00 to £4.50 or 12.5%
  Anytime International increases from £6.00 to £6.50 or 8.3%
On my bill that's an astonishing 8.3% overall price rise when Bank of England base rate is 0.5% and the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) grew by 2.7% in the year to May 2013 (see http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/cpi/consumer-price-indices/may-2013/stb---consumer-price-indices---may.... How can you justify a rise more than three times the rate of inflation?
Get real if you want to keep my business...