cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet get a new CEO - Andy Baker

PhilHawker
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet get a new CEO - Andy Baker

Massive +1 for providing SSL security on Email - this has been requested for years and should be straightforward to implement.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Plusnet get a new CEO

Apparently that's it.  Nothing more to come.
At all.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Well,  the guy has been in place for 5 months now and nowt much appears to have happened?
If he is going to stay then this page needs updating.  Wink
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Knowing PlusNet they will update it after he has left.  Smiley  Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Cynic  Lips_are_sealed
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Midnight
Knowing PlusNet they will update it after he has left.   Smiley  Wink

There's optimism for you, thinking PN will update ... well anything.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
TORPC
Grafter

False promises, as still no update.
Yet PlusNet, are encountering more issue(s) since his arrival
Is that a coincidence or not ?Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Encountering more issues since his arrival? I'd completely disagree, the call answer rate has improved, although it's still below where we'd want it to be. We're making huge strides on automating the provisioning processes, there are many changes to our network and infrastructure happening to improve performance and stability and there are a *lot* of regulatory changes going through that we have to work on at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Encountering more issues since his arrival? I'd completely disagree, the call answer rate has improved
Is it under 30 minutes at peak times? Not good enough yet!
We're making huge strides on automating the provisioning processes
Yep, rather than waiting for OR to not turn up to an appointment you don't bother booking them anymore.
there are many changes to our network and infrastructure happening to improve performance and stability
By peering with partners who enforce censorship on us or route internal to the UK traffic overseas so it can be snooped on.
We need some proof things are changing Chris, not empty words.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: avatastic
Is it under 30 minutes at peak times? Not good enough yet!

You didn't quote the whole sentence - Chris acknowledges that it isn't good enough
Yep, rather than waiting for OR to not turn up to an appointment you don't bother booking them anymore.

Chris didn't say that the provisioning process was actually in production yet...  Have to say though that there are a number of PN responses saying that they didn't place an order correctly but none acknowledging this as a endemic problem - Each case reads as a one off.
By peering with partners who enforce censorship on us or route internal to the UK traffic overseas so it can be snooped on..

You, of course, have proof of this accusation, or are they just empty words Smiley
avatastic
Grafter

Proof of snooping? Other than GCHQ's admission that traffic that goes outside the UK is theirs to snoop on and traffic going via level3.net seems to conveniently always go via France?
Proof of censorship? Try visiting thepiratebay.se
TORPC
Grafter

Encountering more issues since his arrival?

Perhaps you are forgetting a more recent thread to which you stated
Well, lets keep this constructive.
How about making a poll or something similar of the things you'd either like to see or things you'd like to see improving/fixing?

Even though we are still currently waiting for the promised updates etc
I'm not in a position to provide dates/times of when any such conversations will be held or with the relevant people.
We'll take the feedback on board though and I'll continue to push on this so that we come back to you with something.

You have had since December to feed us updates as requested by several members on several occasions

It was Chris Parr to whom I think you're quoting there - he isn't in the office at the moment.
All I'm going to say is, leave it with us and I'll ensure that we get something out for you all. I'm not on a position to make any hard and fast promises but I do want something for you all to see what it is we're doing and what the plan of action is. This is something that all of us here want for you all, I'm just sorry it's taken this long, so far.

When in fact you do not know whom I was referring to, despite your name in the direct quote in the preceding post, & clearly could not remember what you typed
Hence my response
Quote from: TORPC
Cheers Chris (Conficius) as there are many a Chris in PN Towers  Wink Cheesy Lips_are_sealed
As you have also recognised how long this has taken to date, (Only hope is that, the other parties, yet to be spoken with) DO NOT DRAG IT OUT any longer than required
<snip>

No offence, however when DCT do not know what they have already stated, & think the quote was from someone else on his team, then until Andy Baker materialises & proves what is going on then, I for one will be treating this as empty promises
Others have clearly stated
Quote from: Midnight
Knowing PlusNet they will update it after he has left.   Smiley  Wink

There's optimism for you, thinking PN will update ... well anything.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Encountering more issues since his arrival?

Perhaps you are forgetting a more recent thread to which you stated
Well, lets keep this constructive.
How about making a poll or something similar of the things you'd either like to see or things you'd like to see improving/fixing?

Different Chris Wink
Although I'm not sure why the quote means that things are worse? Yes we acknowledge that things break or need improvement, we'd be very naive as a business if we thought everything was great and couldn't possibly get better.
I'm not in a position to provide dates/times of when any such conversations will be held or with the relevant people.
We'll take the feedback on board though and I'll continue to push on this so that we come back to you with something.

You have had since December to feed us updates as requested by several members on several occasions

Just because you haven't heard back doesn't mean we've done nothing with the feedback. Unfortunately there are always things that we *need* to do that might take precedence over some other improvements/changes. I want to try and give visibility of some of these but I'm not going to make any promises on that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Proof of snooping? Other than GCHQ's admission that traffic that goes outside the UK is theirs to snoop on and traffic going via level3.net seems to conveniently always go via France?
Proof of censorship? Try visiting thepiratebay.se

*passes Avatastic a tinfoil hat*
Routing is as routing does.  Not excusing poor experiences, but how level3 handles the traffic is down to them.  That is how the internet works.  The onus is on us here to make sure that the customer experience is good.  Not sure if is, hence us looking at it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What the [censored] have level 3 got to do with you censoring thepiratebay.se?  Or have you quietly ignored that point?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)