cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre products launch today (19th April 2011) including new Pro Add-on

amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Pro vs new Extra+Pro

Just taken the jump as well. I'm now going to be able to use iplayer and my bb as intended 🙂 and have been assured that there are NO changes to protocol priorities on the new extra plus PRO
one thing to note I was advised:
a, the change of package will not occur until my next billing date. Frustrating but PN normal policy.
and
b, on the date of my next billing I WILL need to log into the member centre and add the PRO add on. So remember if you jump to the new package you will need to place the order for the PRO add on when your next billing date comes.
podman
xyfer117
Dabbler

Re: Pro vs new Extra+Pro

Hi guys!
I'm also a new Plusnet customer and am happy with the service so far... I'm a pro customer and want to change to the new addon version and get the 60GB usage but I have a question...
If I downgrade today (I know it wont take affect until my next billing date) i then have to log on to my member center and add the add-on manually... does this add-on kick in straight away or?
FYI... my billing date is today Cry going to have to wait a month lol how unlucky!
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: Plusnet fibre products launch today (19th April 2011) including new Pro Add-on

i tried a few tests after adding the add-on and it looks like it gets done immediately. I tried a large peer-peer d/l right after adding pro, which to my surprise, came down my line at nearly my full bandwidth! Just to make sure I have also, just a moment ago, tried streaming hd content on youtube which also worked flawlessly.
Extremely happy and worried about my usage  Grin
xyfer117
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre products launch today (19th April 2011) including new Pro Add-on

Awesome! I'll change my product to extra now then and just add the add-on this time next month.
Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I changed today from ADSL2  PRO to Fibre value but I can't see any option about a PRO add on.
Epyon
Grafter

I've also noticed P2P is linespeed now 12am-6pm
what a massive increase on ADSL.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I have searched.
-- Edit -  I searched further - trialists do keep their 10Mb/s upload speed.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Re: Pro add-on question

Quote from: paulgul
At the moment I'm on the Pro account paying around £16.50/month for a 20Gb allowance. I can't seem to find this account on the homepage any longer so perhaps its discontinued. Looking at the Pro add-on if I switch to Plusnet Extra, at £11.49/month and add the Pro add-on at £5/month I would seem to be paying the same amount per month but now for a 60Gb allowance. I'm a fairly heavy usenet user so is the traffic management any different between the old pro account and the new pro add-on. Are there any other differences that make it wothwhile staying with my old account?
Paul

Now I am even more confused.
I am on the same deal at the moment Paul.
Surely you would need to go to the Value Fibre which is 40GB per month and then add the Pro at another £5?

This is getting worse than mobile phone contracts.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: paulgul
I'm confused, just tried changing my product to PN extra plus the pro add-on, got to the end where the page asks you click to confirm the change but there's no option to add the add-on, or did I miss it?

You'll need to go to the Add-ons page after the account change has completed to request Pro.
Quote from: Vip3r
rather the fact that its not easy to find that you have decided to start with the 2Mbps upload - and so for somebody (not me) who was looking at different providers it makes it difficult to compare.

Will raise the point that it's not easy to find, we're looking into the 10Mb options for a later release.
Quote from: Bojangles
Just ordered Value Fibre :D. Waiting to be contacted about the installation, am I right in thinking that this will be by phone?

If you've given us a contact number then yes.
Quote from: mikeyriot
so i just added the pro add-on to my account, am I right in thinking the change is immediate?

Yep, immediate.
Quote from: xyfer117
If I downgrade today (I know it wont take affect until my next billing date) i then have to log on to my member center and add the add-on manually... does this add-on kick in straight away or?

Once you've added it then it's immediate.
Quote from: Dev
I changed today from ADSL2  PRO to Fibre value but I can't see any option about a PRO add on.

Visit the add-ons page here: https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html
Quote from: gm4jjj
I was an FTTC trialist and am on the old Pro package, I am considering the new Value plus Pro, but want to double check that I won't lose the 8Mb/s UP speed.

The up speed will stay at what you've currently got.
Surely you would need to go to the Value Fibre which is 40GB per month and then add the Pro at another £5?

Depending on the market you're in the prices may be different.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Chris
Quote from: Dev
I changed today from ADSL2  PRO to Fibre value but I can't see any option about a PRO add on.

Visit the add-ons page here: https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html

As his current product is Pro that page will currently not show the Pro add-on as it's not an available add-on to someone on the Pro (or PAYG) product.
Once the change to Value completes on the next billing date that page should show the add-on.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, Jelv's correct need to wait for the account change to go through first.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris

Depending on the market you're in the prices may be different.

Chris I think the confusion was that the OP was referring to ADSL not Fibre in this thread, so he was quoting ADSL prices and allowances.
For the sake of clarity, I am on FTTC Pro as a trialist and now presume that my only other options if I want to retain Fibre are to go to Fibre Value or Fibre Extra and either can have Pro added.
Dom
Grafter

OK, so if I were to change from Pro to Extra+Pro Add-On, and my next billing month starts tomorrow, should I change packages today, or wait until tomorrow (the first day of the new billing month) to do it?
What I mean is, if I changed packages today, will those changes come into effect from tomorrow?
Thanks.
Mand
Grafter

You'd need to make the change today, but it won't take effect til tomorrow.
Dom
Grafter

That's cool. Thanks for the swift reply.
Just so I'm not mistaken - when I change to Extra, I'll have to wait until tomorrow (when the change comes into effect) before I can then add the Pro add-on, is that right?
Smiley