Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre products launch today (19th April 2011) including new Pro Add-on

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre products launch today (19th April 2011) including new Pro Add-on

Yeah, they mailed me back this morning to let me know.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

LNNFN
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre products launch today (19th April 2011) including new Pro Add-on

I’ve heard that fibre to the cabinet can provide up to 10Mbps upload speeds, have you any plans to offer this?
With the exception of those who took part in the pre-launch trials, all fibre customers will be provided with up to 2Mbps upload. We are looking at providing a 10Mbps upload option though, and hope to announce details of this over the coming weeks.

Many weeks have passed since the above FAQ was posted. Has there been any progress on offering a 10Mb/s upload service?
Annex M
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Last week Plusnet commented:
Quote from: Matt
Hi all,
We'll see if we can get that made a bit more prominent on the website, but the 10Mb upload option isn't far off now. Expect it to cost an extra £2 - £3 a month.
David
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

BT Infinity + Anytime calls: £28.00 (3 months free - offer ending soon), line rental from £10 per month (if paid 1 year up front = £120) total equivalent to £38.00 per month, includes 'free unlimited openone wi-fi', 10Mb/s upload limit.  Includes free caller display with free BT Privacy.  Equivalent to £570 over 18 months
PlusNet Fibre + Anytime calls: £11.49 + £10.00 +£11.99 + £3.50 + £0.99 (Extra Broadband + Fibre + Line Rental + Anytime calls + Caller Display) = £37.97, 2Mb/s upload limit.  No free period for committing to 18 month contract so total for 18 months is £683.46
On the 'Plus' side, BT seem to get a terrible reputation for customer service.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
matt_2k34
Grafter

@walker23,
Not to mention BT's 300GB FUP. I'd of been cut off by now if i was using BT.  Shocked
No free period for committing to 18 month contract

3 months if you look around, 4 on the value.
BT seem to get a terrible reputation for customer service.

Has someone explained customer service to them yet?  Shocked
Regards
w23
Pro

Not to mention BT's 300GB FUP. I'd of been cut off by now if i was using BT.

This was apparently abolished (for Infinity option2 at least) at the end of April, there's  posts in places like ThinkBroadband from Infinity users approaching 1Tb in a month with no penalty (I actually disagree with this policy as it surely must impact on bandwidth available to other users).
3 months if you look around, 4 on the value

I couldn't see anything like that for existing customers looking to upgrade to Fibre - I'd be delighted to be corrected on that.
Has someone explained customer service to them yet?

The general consensus would appear that they haven't.
I do NOT wish my post to look like an advert for BT, what I'm actually looking for is something to convince me to stay with PlusNet as I am a happy customer of several years.  My local cabinet is now enabled for fibre, I need to considder all the options before reaching the point of no return with BT and finding myself stuck with an 18 month contract that doesn't suit.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
w23
Pro

Well, just to update:
BTs Infinity option 2 looks good on paper but even their customer sales department seems incapable of organising themselves, looks like I'm upgrading to PlusNet Fibre Extra and I'll be here for at least another 18 months enjoying vastly better customer service (should I ever need it).
Call me 'w23'