Did you mean: 

Planned Systems Outage 17/06

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Planned Systems Outage 17/06

Morning all,
Quick heads up for anybody that hasn't seen the announcement here.
Basically, we're going to be tinkering with the firewalls that were partially responsible for the data centre outage a couple of weeks back.
If anything untoward happens, it could impact quite a few services. Even if things do go to plan then you can expect the systems mentioned in the announcement below to be down:
[quote author="Service Status"]Planned Firewall Maintenance - Thursday 17th June 4.30am-6.30am
When's this work happening?
Tomorrow morning, 17th June.
What does it affect?
Email delivery, access to our website, access to our internal systems, access to our Plesk/PAYH web-hosting platform and the generation of customer webstats.
How long will it take?
About ninety minutes.
What does the work involve?
We will be making some firewall configuration changes to improve resiliency across the network, and help prevent a recurrence of the data centre problem we experienced a fortnight ago.
Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes. Our website will be inaccessible and holding pages will be in place. There may also be some delays to the delivery of inbound email and our Plesk hosting platform will be completely offline. The generation of webstats data for the 16th June may happen later than usual.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Our support staff will not have access to customers' account information for the duration of the maintenance window.
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

5 REPLIES 5
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Planned Systems Outage 17/06

Just in case you're not aware - IMAP still not working  Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@collinet, I /think/ IMAP should be OK now but there are some problems following the maintenance. Notably slow access to these forums, Madasafish POP3 email collection and the potential for mail delays. The webstats run is behind too, but we expected that. I'm about to post a Service Status...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Should now be fixed with the exception of Madasafish POP3 which we're still looking at...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

smegmyster

Quote from: Bob
Should now be fixed with the exception of Madasafish POP3 which we're still looking at...

Yes, no email all day, very frustrating. Is this being corrected during tomorrows scheduled maintenance........  Cry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes, should now be working correctly and I've just updated service status.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.