Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldjim has passed away

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Oldjim has passed away

Sad news indeed; He helped so many people, myself included!

Rest easy Old Jim

Mav
Fixes: 514

Having been on the forum since 2002 I have seen most of oldjim's posts and he never failed to amaze me with his knowledge and helpfulness. He thoroughly deserved the achievement of being a 'Legend'!

I was never a mod at the same time as oldjim as he left some 6 or 7 months before I joined the team but they were big shoes to fill.

In my first few weeks as mod I often approached him through PMs for advice and he was always willing to help or point me in the right direction.

Farewell, oldjim. Truly a fine gentleman whose legacy will remain and his name will never be forgotten.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

He was a gentleman sadly to be missed. It would be a worthy memorial to his memory for all to emulate his gentility in our discussions.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
I've removed some posts that were moving away from words of condolence
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Richchad
Rising Star

Just seen this, very sad as Old Jim has helped me a few times on here over the years, will be missed for sure. RIP Oldjim

Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry to hear , he sorted me out many times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading what others have said I never had the pleasure of meeting Oldjim but on reading this it honestly brought tears to my eyes.

It’s odd how reading news like this affects you even when there is no physical connection, a genuine loss to his family and friends and of course to the community.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Oldjim R.I.P.

@7up wrote:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This^^

Oldjim was the very first person to help me on the old forum, he was a very helpful and highly knowledgeable forum member. And though I never knew him personally, Reading this has saddened my heart. .R.I.P Oldjim Sad can't believe I am typing this!! 

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I've only just read this. Oldjim taught me everything I know about the internet, starting from base zero. My sincere condolences to his wife & family. RIP to a great man.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes he certainly put a lot of time and effort on here, not just being a moderator but helping others out.

Clearly knew what he was doing too - any advice he gave you'd knew he would be right.

I wish I had met him in real life now. To the people who have, you should feel privileged.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

So sad to read this.

Rest in peace Oldjim.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

RIP Oldjim will be sad to missed him on this forum. Thoughts go out to his wife and the rest of his family relatives.

ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I'm sorry that my reply to this is somewhat delayed as I don't frequent these forums often.

I had the pleasure to moderate this community with Jim for a few years along with Dvorak, Barry Zubel and others.

Jim was a fount of all knowledge and the community has an oldjim sized hole in it now. I hope that Jim is now resting peacefully. My condolences to his friends and of course his wife and family.

Roger

Formerly Hairbear in the old forums.

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

I regret that I have only just come across this notice.  How desperately sad.  Oldjim helped me with technical problems so often, as he did so many other people.  He will really be missed.

This Forum is probably what has kept me loyal to Plusnet for the last twenty years despite many ups and owns.  Oldjim was a major contributor to the Forum's success for which so many of us owe him a debt of gratitude.  He will be really missed.

Not only was he a wise head with a good sense of humour, but he lived in a beautiful part of the Country, a region I share with him.  His posts were always friendly and constructive, and I never remember a negative comment from him.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Nick Sherman