Fixes: 63

New virtual assistant - ask Jess

http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helpto
EDIT - Title changed as requested
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New dolly bird assistance - hello Jess - please keep comments clean

When 'Jess' replies, what regional accent should we have in our imaginations when reading the reply ?
For example are we hearing the voice of Jane Horrocks, or perhaps Liz Hurley ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Well Jess's  answer to that is
Your Question: What regional accent should we have in our imaginations when reading your reply ?
I like to read. My favourite books are thrillers, although I've read a lot of the Classics too.
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocked
It looks like 'Jess' has come straight from the training course that the other support staff who reply to customer service tickets have been on !
i.e. don't read the question, pick one word from it, and then match that word to a random scripted reply that barely relates to what was asked.
Undecided
I suppose at least 'spraxyt' got a reply in less than the usual 4 or 5 days.    Roll_eyes
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the reply isn't good or doesn't match the question, please use the feedback on there. It'll help teach the system how to improve.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
picbits
Rising Star

Re: New virtual assistant - ask Jess

I asked what she really looked like - she told me to look above as it was a recent photograph  Grin
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I asked:
How old is Force9
Your Question: How old is Force9?
Unfortunately, I’m not sure what you’d like to know. Could you please reword your question? A short sentence or a few key words will usually help.

Then asked:
How old is PlusNet?
Your Question: How old is PlusNet?
If you're looking for information about Plusnet, check out our page About us. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. If this isn't what you're looking for, please reword your question so I can help you.

My feedback to Jess was:
Force9's Date of birth is: 1 February 1997
PlusNet's Date of birth is: November 1997
PlusNet you should have the info that is on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plusnet
In Jess's database already
[Edit]
Then asked:
How old are you?
Your Question: How old are you?
Women don't like to be asked their age, and I'm no exception to this.

This may be funny, But the info should be in Jess's database already
Then asked:
How old is British Telecom?
Your Question: How old is British Telecom?
I understand you're looking for information about a UK telecom provider, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Please reword your question so I can help you.

My feedback to Jess was:
British Telecom was formed in 1980
Chris
Legend

I'm really not sure that the age of a company, or indeed the actual virtual assistant itself should be in the database as it's not help & support which is the aim of this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

"........as it's not help & support which is the aim of this."  Eh! I thought the Help Assistant was Help and Support  Embarrassed
Even so, it might help to make it all the more believable. So far, I'm on the fence
Ok, I'm at the main Help and Support page.
She still won't say how old she is, and she still didn't know how old Plusnet is  - fast learner obviously
I asked her if she was as pretty as her picture, she replied "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"  Cool   Nice one.
I asked "How do I change the password on the TG582n", she tried to send me to the Member Centre. I've replied "I've asked about the TG582n".
I go to the Router Guides page, and ask the same question and get the same answer about the Member Centre, so I've replied "I'm on the Router Guides page, your answer should be in the context of that page and should have picked up TG582n in my question as well"
I asked "How do I add a new user to the TG582n", the reply was "For help and information on the Technicolor 582n router, please see our Router guides. Well at least that was a link. My reply was "You should have realised I'm already on that page."
I asked "I have a dropping connection, what can I do?" Answer "I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your broadband. Please use our Broadband Troubleshooter to test your line and report this to our Faults team".   OK.
Your Question: Where do I find my Current Line Speed? or  Your Question: "Current Line Speed"       <note the quotes>
"To get the best out of your broadband, please see our speed tips guide. If you'd like to find out more about how broadband speeds works, check out our broadband speed basics page. If this isn't what you're looking for, please reword your question so I can help you."
Whilst it sent me to a sensible page, it wasn't helped by the fact that the page refers to High Speed Broadband instead of Current Line Speed
I asked "I have lots of errors on my line, what can I do?" Answer "Unfortunately, I’m not sure what you’d like to know. Could you please reword your question? A short sentence or a few key words will usually help." so I then asked "Errors on line" Answer "If you're having problems getting online, please see our Broadband Troubleshooter. If this isn't what you're looking for, please reword your question so I can help you." So I the asked "Line Errors" Answer "Unfortunately, I’m not sure what you’d like to know. Could you please reword your question? A short sentence or a few key words will usually help". So I gave up on that one.
I asked "Noisy Line" Answer "For help dealing with interference, take a look at our page on improving your wireless signal. If this isn't what you're looking for, please reword your question so I can help you. So I asked "Noise on Line" and "Line Noise" and got the same daft answer. This reminds me of one user who had a dropping connection who was connected by ethernet (and had said so) and was told by a CSC agent that his wireless signal was the problem and he needed to connect by Ethernet.
At least she didn't pop up when I got to the Advanced Settings page - Getting too difficult now I expect  Roll_eyes
Then I tried -
Your Question: "What is DLM?"
"For information about DLM (Dynamic Line Management), take a look at our Broadband terminology guide. If this isn't what you're looking for, please reword your question so I can help you."
Blimey, must have switched off the computer that some CSC agents may use and perhaps asked someone.  Lips_are_sealed
So about 3/10 all together. End of session Report - Must try harder  Crazy  [coat]
Chris
Legend

"........as it's not help & support which is the aim of this."  Eh! I thought the Help Assistant was Help and Support 

I meant the questions Midnight Caller were asking weren't help & support questions, they were more general information.
Chris
Legend

It's worth keeping in mind that this initial phase of Jess is to test and help it learn the way people ask questions. The more feedback passed through the application the more we have to make improvements with.
Well at least that was a link. My reply was "You should have realised I'm already on that page.

There's no logic built in to see what page you're on.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having had to go to the help centre to see my latest ticket I found that I had to scroll down to get to the relevant bit
How about getting rid of the space shown on this picture
Anotherone
Champion

The bit below may be wasted space as well  Lips_are_sealed  I haven't done a Firebug on it yet .......!
Hmm. it could all be double dutch. [coat].
atbs1
Grafter

FYI Plusnet plc was incorporated on the 15th November 1996
Anotherone
Champion

I want to know if anyone ever reads the comments and feedback left there, because it's never actioned that I've seen.
The thing increases page load-time and as I'm about to click on a link elsewhere on the page, the link moves as Jess gets her act together.
Waste of space, I say get rid of it or move it to the bottom of the class page.