cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ofcom Market bands announced

serenityvalley
Grafter

Re: New Ofcom Market bands announced

My request has also been open since the 24th, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  Sad
Update: Thanks Mand!  Smiley
fandango
Hooked

After querying when I'll get a reduction now that I'm market 3 I was told also that it would be sorted. Somehow it came as no surprise to find out that I've just been billed at the same amount I have always paid. Am I mistaken then that the savings are not being passed on at the earliest opportunity to existing customers?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fandango,
I've tried to make the change for you but there's a problem with your account I'm afraid, though there is good news - there's a rollout tonight that should get it sorted, so I'll jump on this first thing in the morning for you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

And done, successfully Smiley
Laser
Grafter

Hmmm.. I'm puzzled!
I changed package to Value on Jan 1st, but got the 3-month introductory pricing. Now, as I see it, on April 1st I'll potentially get billed the higher amount (old market classifications in use by PN when I signed up).
However, as I'm paying the "market 3" price now, and PN now follow the new classifications, will that increase in April then decrease in June, or will it just stick where it is?  Huh

Mand
Grafter

Unless you request an immediate change you'd be charged the higher price from April to June (as to do otherwise requires manual intervention).
Laser
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification, Mand.
worcswizzard
Grafter

Quote from: worcswizzard
I seem to be one of the unfortunates who are on an exchange (Malvern, WMMAL) that is being regraded to market 2 and am wondering if and when I will have to pay more for my broadband?

Bob Pullen replied:
'If you change account type then the revised market pricing *will* be applied meaning that you'll pay more. Regarding what's going to happen to you in June, I can't say for sure. You may end up paying more or we may look at freezing your subscription costs. It's yet to be decided.'
Is there any update on this yet, Bob, as any increase in price puts me on the cusp of changing ISP. I would really like tp have an answer.
Rob
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It should be quite simple. Wait to see if you get notification that the price is going to be increased. If you do get such an email ring up and ask for your MAC - they will make offers to retain you. Insist that the only offer you will accept is to continue to pay the same.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pawhe955
Grafter

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but following some queries over my monthly Plusnet bill, this thread appears to have all the questions that were raised in my head, and most of the answers, except a couple....
The Ofcom reclassification of Exchanges (between "Markets") was initially published as a Consultation Document in March 2010, then followed by a 2nd Consultation dated 20th August 2010 - does anyone know the actual and definitive date at which the information in the (2nd) consultation document became fact - i.e. accepted as the date after which an individual exchange would be considered (by all parties - Ofcom, BT Wholesale, ISPs, etc.) as being in their revised Market classification?
Also, in a final post of a thread over at "ispreview.co.uk" website (http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php/30514-Plusnet-Failure-To-Acknowledge-Market-3-Status/page2?s=6f4db7f2582be2b1949869dd75e8d3ed), dated 24th January 2011, Plusnet's Bob Pullen posted the following:
-----QUOTE----
OK folks,
Have a read of the post here [**THIS THREAD**] over on our own Community forums.
To summarise...
We've updated our signup engine and the Usertools exchange checker to reflect the new market classifications. This means cheaper pricing for the 349 exchanges that have moved from Market 1/2 to 3, and more expensive pricing for the 7 exchanges that have moved the other way.
The revised pricing is only applicable at the moment to new signups and those changing account type. From June though, we'll be applying the cheaper pricing to all existing customers' account too (where they're on a market-led product).
If you can't wait until June then have a read of the FAQ here that tells you how you can jump the queue.
Hope that serves as welcome news to some people. Let me know if you've any questions.
Best rgds,
Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support
community.plus.net
-----UNQUOTE-----
With regards to the statement "From June [2011] though, we'll be applying the cheaper pricing to all existing customers' account too (where they're on a market-led product)." - can anyone confirm that this procedure was actually put in place in June 2011 (and perhaps clarify what "market lead products" are...!!)
Many thanks,
P.
x47c
Grafter

I suspect it means a service using on of the "currently offered products"
For example.
I was on a market 1 exchange and on an old no longer offered plus net product (BBMY - option whatever)
If I was to swap at that time to a 'current product' it would have been more expensive for what I used - so I did nothing.
My exchange was then regraded market 2
No change was made to my product pricing by plusnet as it was not a "current product" and there were no price bands differences between market bands 1,2,3 when the product was set up - and it have mean't adding new tiers into a defunct/legacy product.
However now that my exchange was market 2 it WAS cheaper for me to swap to a current product as I'd get the lower price
So I did later on in 2011.
I think my exchange was indeed actually re-graded around June 2011 - but this is only my recollection so not a definitive answer
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why would you expect your exchange to be anything other than Market 1? You have no providers other than BT.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/THCY
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

On my local exchange i get this..
Broadband availability overview
ADSL: Yes
SDSL: No
LLU services: Yes
Cable:  No
Wireless: No

with a  list of LLU operators, and talk talk listed as enabled.
yet samknows says this
Ofcom Classification
Market 1
This exchange has BT Wholesale as the sole provider of broadband services.

?
Amk i being overcharged?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Market 2/3 needs more than one LLU operator, so if TalkTalk are the only one, then it's Market 1.