Did you mean: 

Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

Quote from: CEason
Will this automagically morph into the new "Extra" £19.99 250GB 80/20 package, with all the benefits for the trialists, or should I be raising a further ticket through the upgrade button?

No, but give me a minute and I'll sort that out for you ...
Edit: Sorted. I'm assuming you didn't opt for the router when you originally requested the upgrade?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

CEason

Thanks Bob,
No we decided to keep the Netgear we originally got with the Value Fibre (off topic but we need to upgrade this to something else anyway - the lack of GB ports is really slowing transfers down to our Home Server...)
Thanks again for your help Smiley
JEB
Grafter

@Bob
Thank for the confirmation about the Pro Add on.
I have now signed up for the new package  Smiley

James
[Edit: Just for comfort should I have received any emails / tickets about the change in package as I haven't.  I also note that the accounts page https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary still refers to the old 120GB package but with today's date. I just want to make sure the package change has gone through the system correctly.]
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: JEB
[Edit: Just for comfort should I have received any emails / tickets about the change in package as I haven't.  I also note that the accounts page https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary still refers to the old 120GB package but with today's date. I just want to make sure the package change has gone through the system correctly.]

Being discussed here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

grahamt
Rising Star

Lots of trialists are saying they're going to upgrade to the new Extra Fibre package, and it looks like a good deal for people who want the extra usage allowance. I'll probably be among the minority who will stick with Value Fibre. Despite watching some Olympic football last month, I've never come close to exceeding the 40GB usage allowance (there are just two adults in the household - we do a lot of web surfing and e-mailing, and a fair bit of downloading of software upgrades, but not very much streaming or watching catch-up TV).
The extra speed in the 80/20 trial is nice - we've been getting around 62/15, except for a recent drop to 52/14 after I rebooted the modem - but it's not crucial. The increase in upload speed on Value from 40/2 to 40/10 (we'll probably end up with about 34/8) is very welcome.
The price of the new Extra package is less than I thought it would be, so it's a bit tempting to move to it and keep our current speeds. However, on balance I think the Value package will be fine at the moment.
Graham
tomm
Grafter

As one of the very early FTTC trialists I was still on Plusnet Extra (ADSL product) with 40Mb/10Mb. I've pressed the upgrade button and gone for it because the new 'Fibre Extra' suits my needs and can see some tickets have been opened and closed on my account.
Can I be assured this will go through OK Bob and that I won't have to pay £25 activation charge as although I'm on an ADSL product I have FTTC installed. I'm just a bit worried that things might get a bit confused because I was in this halfway house and so an 'account oddity'.
Thanks, Tom.
Ronski
Rising Star

Quote from: Bob
Will this automagically morph into the new "Extra" £19.99 250GB 80/20 package, with all the benefits for the trialists, or should I be raising a further ticket through the upgrade button?

Edit: Sorted. I'm assuming you didn't opt for the router when you originally requested the upgrade?

Can you do this with my current order please?
Ordered the old Extra fibre on the 4th, FTTC installation is on Monday 20th, my billings on the 27th. Would be nice if I could go straight onto the new "Extra" £19.99 250GB 80/20 package.
StuartUK35
Grafter

On the note of costs, just to make sure i aint losing my marbles, am i correct in the below:
Currently pay £21.49 for the Fibre with 120gb usage.  (based on 40/2)
+ £5 extra to make it real Fibre
Total = £26.49
New package:
£19.99 with 250gb usage for 80/20 Fibre
+ £5 to make it real Fibre
Total = £24.99
Am i right in saying that the faster product with more allowance is better ?!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Don't forget that moving to the new product for those that weren't trialling 80/20 for us will be a new 18 month contract. But yes, it's cheaper, faster and with more usage.
+ £5 extra to make it real Fibre

Have you tried without Pro recently? The rate limits aren't low as the download speed page says they are as we've relaxed them over time, we'll be updating the page very shortly to show what we actually do now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bazza
Grafter

That's interesting Chris as before I added the Pro Addon I found fibre absolutely crippled for large parts of the day.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you drop me details of the type of service and what times of day? I'm interested to take a look as I've seen the rule sheets that are applied so know what we actually do. (Might be worth a different thread so as not to get mixed up in here)
I'm just checking when we relaxed the majority of the rules, as it may be that they were relaxed since you've had Pro on, again might be worth a try with it off to save yourself some money and see what impact it has on you? It can always be turned back on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
StuartUK35
Grafter

ok, liking the sound of faster for £1.50pm cheaper Smiley Smiley Smiley
As for the PRO addon, i guess theres no harm in trying how slow  Crazy the package will be for 1 month....
Will arrange for next billing date to have it removed for 1 month, will test all aspects of data throughput, just to see what its like Smiley Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: tomm
As one of the very early FTTC trialists I was still on Plusnet Extra (ADSL product) with 40Mb/10Mb. I've pressed the upgrade button and gone for it because the new 'Fibre Extra' suits my needs and can see some tickets have been opened and closed on my account.
Can I be assured this will go through OK Bob and that I won't have to pay £25 activation charge as although I'm on an ADSL product I have FTTC installed. I'm just a bit worried that things might get a bit confused because I was in this halfway house and so an 'account oddity'.

A good question! I've had a look at your account though and everything looks OK Smiley
Quote from: Ronski
Quote from: Bob

Can you do this with my current order please?
Ordered the old Extra fibre on the 4th, FTTC installation is on Monday 20th, my billings on the 27th. Would be nice if I could go straight onto the new "Extra" £19.99 250GB 80/20 package.

Not easily. Your circumstances are different because you don't already have fibre installed. I'd suggest waiting for the installation and then requesting the upgrade for the end of that billing period. Alternatively, give one of us a nudge on here and we might be able to switch the account type across on the date of your installation.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Ronski
Rising Star

OK Bob, not a problem, once it's live I'll raise a ticket and give one of you a nudge.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bazza
That's interesting Chris as before I added the Pro Addon I found fibre absolutely crippled for large parts of the day.

And, without the Pro add-on, I've never had the slightest problem!