Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

My billing date is the 11th, flipping marvellous, 27 days to work out how I'll spend my saved £1.49  Wink
Still, it'll give PN time to work out the wrinkles, just hope they don't forget I was on the trial.
BTW it would be nice if there was some confirmation when the upgrade/change had been made. I know if I look around the closed questions I can see it there but I can also go and change my product again as the old values are still there.
Big thanks to PN for the upgrade and for allowing me to participate in the trial.
Gerry.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: JEB
Just for clarity I assume I can still have the pro add on on the new package?

Yes.  Plusnet will not refuse your extra fiver a month.  Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mikecrawford71
Dabbler

I have a couple of questions for the staff pls.
Will any existing add-ons be kept if I change from my existing extra to the new extra product (i.e. Pro and static IP)?
There's lots of talk about an effective £1.50 reduction, I currently pay £2.00 per month for the 2 to 10 upload speed increase, I assume this charge no longer exists, so I'll actually save £3.50 per month?
Thanks.
Mike.
momsieden
Dabbler

well after being on the trial and being one of the few that saw no change to my download speeds,
i get 18 to 20mbps on a good day if im lucky lol, and 6 upload,
the £1.50 saving has convinced me it's worth it to upgrade, i can buy a lollipop now Tongue
seriously though, the increase in the usage is really the deciding factor for me and hopefully one day i'll get a speed to match. with a gamer, and a hubby that streams tv in the family i will no longer have to tell em off for using all the bandwidth.
roll on the 23rd Tongue
thank you PN for the opportunity to do this trial, and i'm wondering what have you got for us next Smiley
UPGRADED
kdhuk
Grafter

When the speed increases take effect over the next few days will we need a router reboot to see the benefits ?
aerodiver
Dabbler

Quick question.  I had the Netgear WNR & ZyXel routers as a trialist, but notice the product has launched with the 582n.
Any feedback from users who have tried this against the ZyXel?
I love the GigE ports on the ZyXel and the wireless is fast, but it does have issues with my android devices.  Should I consider taking the new router?
General feedback for PN - product refresh is bang on IMHO.  I've been on the E100 trial so have enjoyed unlimited usage for a couple of months, and 250Gb will finally allow me to not check my usage on a bi-weekly basis.  We do quite a lot of streaming and for me, this will effectively be unlimited.  If someone is actually consuming more than 250Gb peak then they're probably an unprofitable leech customer that Plus.net doesn't want to attract anyway.  Well done, you just need to find a way to compete against the "unlimited" marketing or not (to protect our service quality), and let those guys go to BT & Sky instead  Wink
With a 76Mbps speedtest result, needless to say I'll be upgrading from value fibre   Cool
dannykos
Grafter

I've just upgraded having been a trialist - and also had the pro add-on. Will the add-on stay in place, or do I need to re-request it?
Thanks.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: kdhuk
When the speed increases take effect over the next few days will we need a router reboot to see the benefits ?

You might, you might not. I didn't but others have had to. It won't do any harm and it ensures your BT Ip profile is updated.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: aerodiver
I love the GigE ports on the ZyXel and the wireless is fast, but it does have issues with my android devices.  Should I consider taking the new router?

Interesting - the ZyXEL's been fine with my Android devices.
aerodiver
Dabbler

Quote from: KevinG

Yeah I didn't notice any issues with a Nexus One (HTC Desire) running Cyanogen Mod, but a Samsung Galaxy S2 running stock firmware keeps losing its IP connection over wifi intermittently.  Wifi stays up, but page not found timeouts for any browsing attempts until either a) it spontaneously decides to work or b) I toggle Wifi off and on to force a new connection.  Tried looking in the router logs to see what's going on but nothing shown there of interest - unless there is a more detailed syslog buried somewhere in the device.
[Edit - Duh!  after rechecking the router log its pretty obvious.  The router is sending out DHCP ACKs as often as once a minute - sometimes less often to the S2.  I'll try playing with Wifi sleep and powersave options to see how that goes...]
As an aside - has anyone tried the new firmware for the ZyXEL?  I just thought I'd have another look seen as I'm moaning about the issue again, and bingo a new firmware came out last month.  Being the prudent coward I am, has anyone already flashed this?   Wink
http://www.zyxel.com/support/download%5Flibrary/product/nbg4604_7.shtml
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Flashed my zyxel a couple of weeks ago. Can't say I've noticed any difference but my androids, iPods, blackberrys etc. worked fine before anyway.
Gerry.
Mocca
Grafter

Awsome Plusnet, i'm a happy man.
Due to being in the trial i got 80/20 cheaper than i've been paying for 40/10 and i was'nt contracted to 80 for 18 months.
Plusnet gave me a few pound off my broadband as a thankyou for testing the trial out for the last few month.
Of course i'm now on the full package with 250gb but with no contract as i keep my current one but upgrade
Brilliant service and a great offer for the people that tested for the last few month, keep up the good work guys and girls Smiley
aerodiver
Dabbler

Quote from: Gerry
Flashed my zyxel a couple of weeks ago. Can't say I've noticed any difference but my androids, iPods, blackberrys etc. worked fine before anyway.
Gerry.

Thanks! Worked for me also.  My Galaxy S2 is much happier now and seems to stay connected  - though that may be simply because I've restarted the router for the first time in months.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Ash07
On another note, just spotted an odd error raised on my account since requesting the upgrade. Hope it goes through ok?
Question #58760258
[INTERNAL]
This account cannot be provisioned on 21CN as the BBEU number has not been set.
Please update the BBEU number on this account and complete the account change.

Don't worry about that. I've just closed the ticket.
Quote from: JEB
Just for clarity I assume I can still have the pro add on on the new package?

Yep.
Quote from: Gerry
BTW it would be nice if there was some confirmation when the upgrade/change had been made. I know if I look around the closed questions I can see it there but I can also go and change my product again as the old values are still there.

Have a read of the thread here.
Quote from: mikecrawford71
Will any existing add-ons be kept if I change from my existing extra to the new extra product (i.e. Pro and static IP)?

Yes.
Quote from: mikecrawford71
There's lots of talk about an effective £1.50 reduction, I currently pay £2.00 per month for the 2 to 10 upload speed increase, I assume this charge no longer exists, so I'll actually save £3.50 per month?

I've removed the £2.00 surcharge from your account.
Quote from: kdhuk

It depends on your profile at our side. Even if this does change, our system should initiate a PPP reset.
I love the GigE ports on the ZyXel and the wireless is fast, but it does have issues with my android devices.  Should I consider taking the new router?

The cost of the router will be deferred over a 12 month period and there's a £4.99 postage and packaging charge. Remember that you'll lose an ethernet port too as one of the four is used for the WAN connection to the VDSL modem.
Quote from: dannykos
I've just upgraded having been a trialist - and also had the pro add-on. Will the add-on stay in place, or do I need to re-request it?

Should stay in place.
Quote from: KevinG
I love the GigE ports on the ZyXel and the wireless is fast, but it does have issues with my android devices.  Should I consider taking the new router?

IIRC it caused problems for me and my Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100GT.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

CEason

I posted on a thread I already have in the Accounts area - but perhaps here would be better?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106780.0.html
Basically, I am on the 40 Value package, and ahave been a 80/20 trialist for the last few months, but I already had an upgrade ticket in to go to the existing Extra package (due about the 24th of the month),
Will this automagically morph into the new "Extra" £19.99 250GB 80/20 package, with all the benefits for the trialists, or should I be raising a further ticket through the upgrade button?
Don't want to confuse things  Cheesy