Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

Picnic
Grafter

Re: Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: Picnic
Also being a trialist on the 80/20 system your speed estimations are very optimistic. 61/20 estimated, I struggle at around 50/10.

They're taken straight from here. Incidentally mine's pretty conservative.

I guessed you'd probably get the estimates from BT somehow. I'm over 750M from the cab so I'm doing all right but I wonder why BT think I'm closer.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  quotes fixed ]
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: kdhuk
Ok -ordered the 80/20 product (transferred from 40/2) - system seems to want to charge me my monthly line rental again even though I'm only 8 months into my yearly prepayment..........hopefully this gets knocked off again later???

Already covered a few posts ago - should be fine.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: kingkobra
Just one question. The line checker says I will get an estimated speed of 33.1 Mb/s. Does the 76 Mb speed require additional infrastructure changes to support it? Just wondering if that is the max speed, or if a change at the exchange will enable 76 Mb at some point in the future.

No. The estimate may be conservative but there is nothing magic about 80/20 that will speed up a sub-40Mbps connection.
g0uex
Grafter

Quote from: walker23
Yep, 'fraid so.  I've got three weeks to go before I can attempt to 'fry the centrals'.  Sad
I hope 1/4 a TerraByte per month is enough!  Grin
Thanks.
Luckily my billing date is the 16th. Smiley
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

The new fibre package looks very good, well done PN Smiley much more competitive  , shame my exchange is only 20CN, and looks set to remain that way for a long time Sad
Will be interesting to see what the new ADSL packages will look like when they arrive, hopefully not to long away Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulpicks21
Grafter

The speed estimate is very conservative for me, it quotes 64.7Meg, I actually get 75-77meg on every speed test I do. (Yes I have been on the trial for the last few months)
fagin
Grafter

If you've already been on the trial, you simply can't lose. 
UPGRADED!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: fagin
you simply can't lose. 

You can loose a little OFF YOUR BILL!  Cool
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chriswright34

Quote from: Bob

If we increased Value usage then I'd imagine we'd see a decrease in the number of customers converting to Extra. There's only £3.50 in it and anyone wanting more usage is welcome to upgrade.

This is a smart marketing move by plusnet since many people's lines won't support speeds higher than 40Mbps: there's still a reason you might want the more expensive product even if you don't care about the higher speed.
Cynically one might say that the majority of users will not use anywhere near 250GB and it serves simply as a number much higher than 40GB to lure people to the more expensive product. The Value product with say 100GB (or even just 80GB) would look more reasonable --- then there would be a very clear 2:1 ratio of all of upload, download and usage between the two products, or just change 250GB to unlimited and offer the same products as BT. Is there some physcology going on here?
halster65
Grafter

done and upgraded!
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Yep, 'fraid so.  I've got three weeks to go before I can attempt to 'fry the centrals'.  Sad

If only my billing date was like tomorrow instead of 4 days ago.
27 days of limiting myself and then time to go mental  Crazy
AxeMurderer
Grafter

I too have already signed up for the upgrade. I'd also like to say 'very well done' to Plusnet for designing a product that makes sense bearing in mind the feedback from the trial. It really does feel like participation in the trial benefited both the trialists and Plusnet.
For the first time in over a year I am no longer a participant in any of Plusnet's trials (IPv6, Technicolor 582n, 80/20)!
paulpicks21
Grafter

Quote from: meh

If only my billing date was like tomorrow instead of 4 days ago.
27 days of limiting myself and then time to go mental  Crazy

Unlucky guys, 18th of each month is our billing date  Grin
Ash07
Dabbler

Great move Plusnet. Been on the 80/20 trial and faster speeds been great. Have upgraded but my billing date is the 14th! Whole month to wait for extra usage Angry Never mind, worth the wait.
On another note, just spotted an odd error raised on my account since requesting the upgrade. Hope it goes through ok?
Question #58760258
[INTERNAL]
This account cannot be provisioned on 21CN as the BBEU number has not been set.
Please update the BBEU number on this account and complete the account change.
JEB
Grafter

It was a great surprise reading the email about the new package.
To echo other posters the increased usage allowance is great.  This means I don't need to get paranoid about peak usage and do downloads overnight.  Just for clarity I assume I can still have the pro add on on the new package?  I see that overnight usage is still free which is great.
A happy customer!

James