Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

240 REPLIES 240
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

awww Jim you devil, you locked my thread..........it's not often I spot things like this so quickly, usually I am the last one to the party.  Roll_eyes

Anyway just thought I would add that this is a great move from PN especially considering how much of a hot topic usage allowances have been over the last couple of months.  an extra £2 a month for 125% extra usage is great value.
I just wish I could get fibre Sad
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

meh fibre is actually cheaper for me as it is currently, Fibre Extra + Phone package verses my Extra account + Phone
FTTC status: RFS date set : 31/12/2012
Christmas present to my self
Now if they would just pass on some bandwidth to Extra DSL connections
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
jheenan
Grafter

As someone on the existing Plusnet Extra Fibre, what are the pros/cons of moving to the new 80/20 product?
So far I've got:
Pros:

• 1.50/month cheaper

• Faster speeds (if my line will take it)

• Higher usage allowance

Cons:

• New 18 month contract

• Possibly lower speeds/instability that some people have experienced when moving to 80/20

Did I miss anything? Are there any other changes on the 80/20 product - eg. different traffic shaping?
houlton23
Grafter

So If I've read everything right, with me being on the 80/20 trial I can now change to the new 'Extra Fibre' and get:
- 130GB more bandwidth
- No new 18 month contract
- £1.50 a month cheaper price (£19.99 vs £21.49)
Also, with regards to price, can someone from PN confirm that if I were to change to Extra Fibre, which is still listed in the product change page as the 'non-low cost area' price due to PN not having updated their systems to recognize that my exchange is Market 2, someone from PN would be able to change the market on my account to allow me to get the £19.99 price once again?
Alex Smiley
luutjamie

Quote from: JosephH
As someone on the existing Plusnet Extra Fibre, what are the pros/cons of moving to the new 80/20 product?
So far I've got:
Pros:

• 1.50/month cheaper

• Fast speeds (if my line will take it)

• Higher allowance limit

Cons:

• New 18 month contract

• Possibly lower speeds/instability that some people have experienced when moving to 80/20

Did I miss anything? Are there any other changes on the 80/20 product - eg. different traffic shaping?

A £25 activation fee? Do trialists have to pay this?
Ronski
Rising Star

This has really put a smile on my face today, good work PN  Smiley  Smiley  Cool looks like I made the right decision staying.
Signed up for extra fibre + calls last week, install scheduled for Monday (hopefully still scheduled), and now knowing that the usuage has been increased, as well as the speed is really good news, thanks PN.
I'll still schedule all my cloud backups overnight (except the really important stuff), but it's really nice to know I won't need to worry about data usage at all, thanks again.
Now if someone could reply to my other thread (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106926.0.html) and perhaps sort that side of things  Wink
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Gus
Now if they would just pass on some bandwidth to Extra DSL connections

I'm guessing you're already aware of this Gus? That excepted, rest assured we are listening to the usage concerns from ADSL customers Wink

Shaping's the same. If you switch you'll be given the opportunity to take a thomson 582n if you don't already have one. AIUI the wireless bandwidth is a tad better than the Netgear WNR1000's (however you will lose an ethernet port in the process).
Quote from: houlton23
So If I've read everything right, with me being on the 80/20 trial I can now change to the new 'Extra Fibre' and get:
- 130GB more bandwidth
- No new 18 month contract
- £1.50 a month cheaper price (£19.99 vs £21.49)

Yes, that's right.
Quote from: houlton23
Also, with regards to price, can someone from PN confirm that if I were to change to Extra Fibre, which is still listed in the product change page as the 'non-low cost area' price due to PN not having updated their systems to recognize that my exchange is Market 2, someone from PN would be able to change the market on my account to allow me to get the £19.99 price once again?

Yep, I can do that if needs be (assuming of course you are in a Market 2 area Wink ).
Quote from: luutjamie

A £25 activation fee? Do trialists have to pay this?

The £25 activation fee is not applicable when moving between fibre products.
jim:green tag fixed mod:end

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Ronski
This has really put a smile on my face today, good work PN  Smiley  Smiley  Cool looks like I made the right decision staying.
Signed up for extra fibre + calls last week, install scheduled for Monday (hopefully still scheduled), and now knowing that the usuage has been increased, as well as the speed is really good news, thanks PN.

Be mindful that you're likely to be moved to the older Extra Fibre product. As soon as the switch has been made, request an upgrade to the new Extra Fibre via the Member Centre and we'll make sure you get moved to the 'up to 76Mbps' product with the increased usage/modified pricing.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Hmm BT's Infinity 2 product maybe slightly dearer (£26/month) but it does offer UNLIMITED downloads.  Shocked
My exchange is hopefully going live on 30.9 they are currently putting power into the new cabinets. (At least I assume it is power, they are just digging up a small patch round the new cabs and installing RED ducting)
houlton23
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Yep, I can do that if needs be (assuming of course you are in a Market 2 area Wink ).

Bob,
I've just made the account change, and it's definitely quoting me the wrong price, could you check/change the market please Smiley Exchange.

Alex Smiley
BRABUS
Grafter

I see people are saying that it is cheaper by £1.50?
I thought the price for Extra Fibre and anytime calls yesterday was £21.49 yet this morning it is now £23.49 so that makes it £2.00 more per month?Huh
Ronski
Rising Star

Quote from: Bob
Be mindful that you're likely to be moved to the older Extra Fibre product. As soon as the switch has been made, request an upgrade to the new Extra Fibre via the Member Centre and we'll make sure you get moved to the 'up to 76Mbps' product with the increased usage/modified pricing.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll bear it in mind.
I'm not sure about the £1.50, I thought the price was the same to be honest.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: BRABUS
I thought the price for Extra Fibre and anytime calls yesterday was £21.49 yet this morning it is now £23.49 so that makes it £2.00 more per month?Huh
According to Google's cache your memory is faulty
jheenan
Grafter

Quote from: BRABUS

My last bill shows £21.49 for extra fibre and £3.00 for anytime calls.