Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of Plusnet Assist

petejackson
Grafter

Re: Launch of Plusnet Assist

Quote from: PeterLoftus
OK I want the the "My Network" and the directory to useful pages, but I don't want the "pop ups"

I've tried to answer this over on the Blog comments.  But it occurs to me if you're using the Home screen and the My Network you're connected so this would be your email software generating the alert? Something in your email settings must be failing to connect.
Lofty

I run Windows 7 64bit and I cannot download PlusnetAssist. My Sony VAIO PC will not allow this for reasons I don't know.
Lofty
petejackson
Grafter

Hi Lofty.  What messages are you seeing that're stopping your installation?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I thought I would give this a try, although I don't have any problems.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with Kaspersky Internet Security.
I downloaded the file and ran it.  It then said it was downloading more software.  Duh???  How is that going to work on a bad internet connection?  Surely you need an offline standalone installer that you can download on another network if necessary?
It then spent over five minutes saying it was installing with no indication of progress and the computer running very slowly.  I gave up and terminated the process.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I downloaded the file and ran it.  It then said it was downloading more software.  Duh???  How is that going to work on a bad internet connection?

The idea is to have it installed when you set your connection up initially, not when you're having problems. It'll sit in the system tray and help fix issues from then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I fail to see why, when I asked it to analyse my computer for problems, it flagged up the fact that I DON'T have my homepage set to http://portal.plus.net as a problem suggesting I should "fix this issue".
drj
Aspiring Pro

I also don't see why it reports my wireless signal strength is "quite weak" when I don't have a wireless adaptor on this computer at all. What does "quite weak" mean in this context?
drj
Aspiring Pro

Last point - I've just hit "Troubleshoot your email accounts" and it tells me I don't have any Plusnet user accounts!
I do - in Outlook Express - but they're all "hiding" behind various domain name addresses. Shouldn't the program be sufficiently intelligent to work this out?
jennyBA
Grafter

I have just downloaded the plusnet assistant and all was installed correct to the best of my knowledge. The problem is the program will not open, iv tried clicking on the system tray icon and also double clicked the desk top icon but no nothing opens it up.
So i have now given up and uninstalled it  Cry
drj
Aspiring Pro

Do you have Internet Explorer installed? It opens in IE...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why not just display a message such as "try a browser that is not IE"?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jennyBA
Grafter

Hi, yes i am on IE8, but when i click to open nothing happens. Perhaps it didn't download properly  Undecided
Might try download again and see if it works.
drj
Aspiring Pro

It did take ages to install - I'd say at least ten minutes.
jennyBA
Grafter

Have installed again but still no luck getting it to open. When i right click icon in system tray i can update my identity, get the system details or exit but no way can i get it to open  Angry
Think i will give up with it.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

hi lofty ,, i have win 7  64 it works no probs for me  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .