Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

gk141054

Re: Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@peter10
We have no plans at all to change the price of our call packages. If we increased the price even by a penny it would be to your detriment and we would be obliged to provide you with 30 days notice of the change and the ability to cancel without honouring the remainder of your contract.

So on this basis, I can end my contract with you and move to another provider.... because a £1 increase in telephone line rental 2 weeks after I sign up sure as heck is detrimental...
I absolutely hate when companies do this... I wouldn't get away with signing a 12 month contract then next month saying "oh my wages have gone down so i'm only going to pay you £10 a month" so why should they get away with it. If you make a contract PlusNet, you should honour it. This change should only apply to new and renewing customers...
(And no I can't afford to pay 9 months line rental up front to get the other offer)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

So on this basis, I can end my contract with you and move to another provider

You could if that's what you want to do. I'm sorry you feel that way about this. All I can really add is that our line rental will still be cheaper than some of our main competitors after the change comes into effect.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've double checked this and I'm afraid that line rental saver is only available for our 3 current call packages. So anyone using a legacy phone package would need to change to take advantage of LRS after 6/12/11.

Thanks for the information Adam.
In that case I think that  I will stay as I am and hand over my cash a month at a time. The only advantage that I think the deal would offer me would be that calls to 0845 numbers would be included which is not the case with legacy 240. However, I don't spend enough on those calls for it to be significant.
matt_2k34
Grafter

With all the negativity around the LRS...
I'd just like to say  Grin I'm very happy you now offer this and have put it down for both accounts here...
To anyone who's tied into a broadband contract and isnt on a legacy product its a no-brainer to keep your line rental for 12 months with PN and save a few quid overall.
Legacy products are legacy for a reason, you all know support and changes do not occur to legacy products wether they're for Home Phone or Broadband. (with the exception of price increases circa PN Unlimited)
Will LRS be a 'standard' now, and like BT will I be able to 'sign up' again for another 12 months after this one has completed, or is it simply a device to allow people to get out of the price increase temporarily? (although I am getting a little ahead of myself here...  Wink )
Regards
alanf
Aspiring Pro

BT are making the promise that following the December 2011 changes
"... the cost of line rental, calls to UK landlines and the Unlimited Anytime Plan won't rise again until 2013."
https://www.pricechange.bt.com/vision
Will PlusNet do likewise?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

We're making some changes to the prices of our products and services from 3 December 2011. We're putting up line rental by 70p as well as changing the cost of some of our calls and broadband prices.
We know no one likes it when prices go up. That's why we've kept these rises as low as we can. You can rest assured that no other prices are increasing by more than 5% and more than half of the prices of our products and services won't change at all. What's more, the cost of line rental, calls to UK landlines and the Unlimited Anytime Plan won't rise again until 2013.
I make that 13 months from this rise coming into effect - big deal if you have paid for 12 months in advance
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Lack of increases benefit those NOT opting for LRS.
On reason one might consider LRS is if one thought yet more monthly line rental increases were in the pipeline within the next 12 months.
It would also be worth knowing if there would definitely not be increases for Anytime in the next 12 months. If LRS + Anytime costs the same as legacy 240 and I gave up legacy 240 I would be very cross to then find that Anytime would be going up in price.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

What about the benefit of lrs for us on benefits? I for once can't afford to pay £120+ in one go (that is >20% of our income, combined with the same going to fuel payments  Lips_are_sealed Crazy) It is another benefit for those who can afford it.
I am still waiting for an answer to my question, I got a 12months "fixed" payment on the 31st but since this came in afterwards I want to know if it will be going up BEFORE I even see the benefit of the first reduced payment if not then my call for a mac will be back in again.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Adam/Chris
I have had a read of the details and T&Cs.  I am interested in taking up this offer but......  they sign up page states the payment will be taken with my next monthly payment.  Is it possible to make this a one off payment by my credit card.  There does not seem to be an option to do this, unless I am missing something..... Also would there be a fee if I did this?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you want to make a one off payment by credit card just wait until after the 6th of Dec when it would have to be by card
I can't remember that being said in this thread but it was asked and answered in the hidden boards
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks Jim.  Thats what I shall do then....
Quote from: Oldjim
I can't remember that being said in this thread but it was asked and answered in the hidden boards

What are the hidden boards?!?!?  The conspiricy theorist in me wonders  Crazy Crazy
Steve
Seasoned Pro

the hidden boards

Are boards you cant see Wink Cheesy Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
glloyd
Rising Star

You know the more you look into these price increases the more you realise they are another typical "example of rip off Britain". 8% line rental increase, 17% increase in call charges and 15% increase in connection charges. This is way way above inflation and a disgrace when you think how the ordinary man in the street is struggling to keep head above water these days.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Erm, not really?
How many people still use their landline for calls? hardly anyone I know  Roll_eyes
Most people use their mobiles instead. Less calls + less revenue = prices must increase.

Next you'll be moaning that Royal Mail have put the stamps up, (Same problem... Who uses the postal service these days for personal use? NO ONE!)
Regards
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Is the price of copper from the exchange broadband going to rise as more and more people are converted to fibre.
I am currently on copper ADSL Max.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine