cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eh up, we're on telly!

Be3G
Grafter

Re: Eh up, we're on telly!

This thread had gone rather off-topic with a discussion about the moderation of a specific post, so I have split out that discussion and placed it here in the Community Site and Forums board. Please continue all moderation-related discussions there, so that this thread can return to discussing Plusnet's adverts. Thanks.
Barrytrcy
Grafter

Yea I have seen the ad, I would rather see more help on the forums. I have asked several times for help regarding my speed, all I get is either do tickets or they ask me questions then the thread goes dead.
1. Plusnet broadband isn't great, value for money is pretty pathetic.
2. The cheap routers supplied by plusnet are the worst I have ever used.
3. Customer service could be and should be a lot better, it's ok at the moment but more help is needed. Threads build up and others get left in the que.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Barrytrcy,
There's several members of staff on here daily. If you have a look at these threads I think we've been pretty good at responding to you and supporting you:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89601.16.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89935.0.html
Just to respond to the other points you made:
1. Plusnet broadband isn't great, value for money is pretty pathetic.

This all depends on what you want from a service and we are pledging to be the cheapest standalone broadband provider.
2. The cheap routers supplied by plusnet are the worst I have ever used.

Using our hardware is optional and we are looking at alternatives at the moment.
3. Customer service could be and should be a lot better, it's ok at the moment but more help is needed. Threads build up and others get left in the que.

We're focussing on keeping the quality of support up to standards as best we can at the moment, please also bear in mind that whereas this forum is a channel for support, its not the main one. In the first instance we'd always advise calling our support teams or raising a ticket.

Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BrianE
Grafter

The TV Adverts :)

The adverts are great, I'm sure they're a great campaign
But could I suggest something for the next adverts (if you're planning on more)?
Right now, the adverts are centering on two things:- it's a Yorkshire company, therefore trustworthy, and it's low-priced
They're great, no doubt, but focusing on its low price immediately flags up warning bells about low service quality, awful customer service; and the "Yorkshireman's word" aspect of it I thought was maybe slightly overdone...
For the next adverts, perhaps something noting your award customer service, quotes from customers about your great service quality, and maybe a few seconds about your phone packages - the 'Anytime' home phone package is one of the best on the market right now, yet it was completely left out of your current adverts.
The cheesiness was fine, but there were a couple of things that took up time where the guy could be talking more about PlusNet, rather than throwing an explosive at a statue of a dog (I'd say the vast majority of the audience had no idea what that dog is, unless it's somehow well-known in England...)
PlusNet has so many great selling points, yet only one was touched on in that advert - would it not be a more effective campaign to mention more factors?
Just my honest 2p  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks BrianE,
There's some very good and pertinent points you've raised there. I'll bring this to the attention of the relevant people at this end.
I personally agree that we should play to our strengths and our values.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Two second adverts then Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Who's side are you on George Wink
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Seriously though when I saw the adverts I thought what a waste of an opportunity to put over the service and value for money rather than promoting Yorkshire. I would suggest most customers could not care less where there ISP is based as long as the product is good and at a fair price. Second thoughts does it promote Yorkshire in it's best light? I don't think it does,especially the pigeon one.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I thought that myself when I saw the ad last night, it was on straight after an ad for 'visit Yorkshire' was interesting to see them side by side.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Be3G
I suspect these ads might not to down too well with some of the forum community, for well known reasons

They didn't.
Quote from: Be3G
I think quite a few people would have preferred the money being spent on advertising to have been spent on, say, support instead.

Quite!
Everybody is so deliriously happy with the Plusnet service that today we learn that because of the long waiting times on the cancellations line
Quote from: Matt
It's worth noting that sales agents are being trained to take COT calls from the end of the week, and we're recruiting for more agents in that team.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jelv,
As you well know we've been recruiting for the support centre for some time now, which includes agents for the COT team - so we are spending money on improving support as well as advertising the service. It also takes time to train the new agents, this is a process that can't be rushed - it's been discussed several times on this forum before, but basically if we recruit too many new agents at once it takes a lot longer to train them. As a result there'll always be a limit to how fast the support team can be grown.
As well as with support we'd rather people had a better experience when trying to leave too - this makes sound business sense in all ways. Are you suggesting this isn't the right thing to do?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm suggesting that when it was apparent that the support teams were not coping there should have been a reining back on the advertising until such time as support improved.
We're seeing far too many interventions from Digital Care where people are not getting timely responses to faults and far too many apologies where agents have got things wrong.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's also an issue that's been discussed a lot on these forums, rather than reiterate discussions that have already taken place I'll add a couple of links:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84640.html
- James explains how the improvements and growth of the CSC will work.
from this post: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,86272.msg713746.html#msg713746 onwards, more details of improvements to the CSC and our ispa for customer support that we won this year.
It's true that there are more people bringing their issues to these forums, but I suspect that's more because the reputation of the forum is growing than that there's more of these issues to be fixing.
matt_2k34
Grafter

but I suspect that's more because the reputation of the forum is growing than that there's more of these issues to be fixing.

Not to mention the increase in customers brought on by the advertising for the last 12-18 months.
Also with the higher user base on the forums - most of whom have probably referred someone, you'd expect more people to come here..
'm suggesting that when it was apparent that the support teams were not coping there should have been a reining back on the advertising until such time as support improved.

While i am 100% with you on that one jelv, it doesnt make good business sense to take the 'foot off the gas' when your accruing new customers - particularly if the 'churn' means your gaining more than your losing. Shocked Wink