cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Digicare/Complaints & Introducing Customer Relations

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Changes to Digicare/Complaints & Introducing Customer Relations

@ Linn K - In this day and age, you need a better/redesigned Service Status page that is easy to access, is user friendly and reflects all the issues (irrespective of the number of customers impacted). Large CPs do not do this well enough, as ISP Review highlighted - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/03/ee-uk-still-failing-learn-lessons-good-service-status-p... If you had a really good status page that the majority of customers are aware of/can easily access, then you will put less pressure on your call centres when something isn't working or goes wrong.
@ goldenfibre - I couldn't cope with the stress.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@ AndyH fair point as least u were honest! Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Quote from: Linn
I know what you're saying about the Service Status notice, however, the Auth issue from yesterday were not affecting all or the majority of our customers which is what the Service Status' are there for.

Linn,
To be a bit more blunt than has already been picked up, is not this "new perspective" rather at the heart of some of the current workload issues?
In the past I have seen the PROMPT publication of a service impacting issue as being there to say "We have a known issue impacting numerous users - we know the cause is common to all impacted users, therefore there is no need to contact us individually.  We are doing 'this' we expect rectification by 'then', please check back here at that time."
In short it is a notice to say DO NOT CALL US TO TELL US YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE!
The intent being to remove that call handling load from the support desk,such that call agents can focus on other issues whist tech support deal with the fix, as call agents can add no value here.  It does of course presume that users can at least get on line to read the status report, which if they cannot get CHAP authentication... which illustrates that these issues need promptly "posting" on the IVR call centre phone system.
But I hope you get the point, it is there more to help you manage the support call volume than generally inform the world about operational issues.  It is more for CRT benefit than the customer base.  At one time DCT were swift to publish such events, of recent times this has been not the case.  Is this an intended change in practice under CRT?

@AndyH +1 - keep the faith!

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: JessBooth
In the near future, you will also see us begin to expand the hours we’re here on the forums and social media, in order to provide you all with a more improved customer experience.

It's more than a month since you posted that - when is it going to happen?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You weren't around Saturday then John?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

No - I gather someone was on then.
I was expecting that there would be extended support until a bit later in the evening.
Anotherone
Champion

Dan was here working hard, even Luke popped in from home  Smiley
I've seen Adam C working a bit later one evening I think it was.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I meant an official extension where someone doesn't come in until say midday, not someone working a bit late unofficially.
https://twitter.com/plusnet/status/506713240882405376
Anotherone
Champion

That link takes me to what looks like a 1.00am twitter posting, did you mean you expected someone to be on then? But maybe LK actually was  Huh
This Saturday wasn't the first that someone has been on duty in the office, that I've spotted. I have no idea whether Adam C's "overtime" was "official" or not!. What I do know is that there is a rota for them all to cover the different streams. This can lead to some discontinuity, a point that has been made.
Edit: typo  Wink and add a bit.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
I wasn't on Twitter at 1am so don't know what's going on there  Undecided
As for the official extended hours there will be an official announcement made by Jess.
Dan and Luke were helping out on Saturday due to the issues on Friday.
Keep an eye out for the announcement though Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Anotherone
That link takes me to what looks like a 1.00am twitter posting,

1.00am California - add 8 hours!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That makes sense jelv as that was the morning greeting which is done at 9am Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

I'm just glad |I don't bother being a twit then, why should they imagine everything revolves around California Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

Well I see Plusnet CRT members are in abundance on the forums again today (not). Poor Dan H is currently flogging away by himself except for Bob flogging away on Email + Hosting & Domains at the time of drafting this. I suppose that's the appalling reason that threads like BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable have had no Plusnet response since the 28th August despite being flagged yesterday and even since this post this morning. Roll_eyes
If Plusnet attended to some of the basic problems with Openreach and BT Wholesale, then there wouldn't have to be so many staff constantly doing fire-fighting actions on places like Twitter or wherever they are   Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Anotherone,
This circular issue has been repeatedly flagged up since the arrival of the new CEO in Dec 2014 2013. One hopes that he is personally seeking resolutions to the primary cause - BTOR failures in service delivery from their ordering / booking systems through to appointment keeping and performance when they (or their contractors) do arrive.
Today I have had one of my referrals sat at home waiting for BTOR to attend, only to learn that they cancelled the appointment without telling anyone.  PlusNET (CRT) have been most helpful in trying to sort this out - the BT test systems indicate a fault (line loss degradation), but after accepting the need for an appointment, BTOR on the day deem they don't need to bother fixing it, hence the cancellation.
Someone needs to fix their behaviour - over to you Andy?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.