Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport available on YouView from August 5th

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

BT Sport available on YouView from August 5th

We recently announced the amazing news that from 5th August YouView TV from Plusnet will include BT Sport Lite. We’d like to give you more information about what this lovely new addition entails.
BT Sport Lite is included within the YouView TV from Plusnet package, and means you can watch BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Extra.
BT Sport 1 will show;
•         38 exclusive live Barclays Premier League matches, including 18 top picks no longer available on Sky Sports
•        24 exclusive live matches from the FA Cup and the Final live from Wembley
•         30 exclusive live matches from the Scottish Premier League
•         All 69 live televised matches from Aviva Premiership Rugby
An additional channel pack, BT Sport, will be available from 5th August for £5 per month. It will include BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport Europe, BT Sport // ESPN and BT Sport Extra.
BT Sport is the only place you can watch UEFA Champions League live and UEFA Europa League live and will also show:
•         146 exclusive live UEFA Champions League matches
•         38 exclusive live Barclays Premier League matches, including 18 top picks no longer available on Sky Sports
•         Top-flight football from around the world including Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and Brasilerio
•         24 exclusive live matches from the FA Cup and the Final live from Wembley
•         30 exclusive live matches from the Scottish Premier League
•         All 69 live televised matches from Aviva Premiership Rugby plus 35 live games from the European Champions Cup
•         Moto GP
•         WTA
•         World Rally Championship
•         UFC
•         NBA
•         Baseball
All of these channels on BT Sport can be viewed in HD (with the exception of BT Sport Extra) if the YouView HD pack is purchased too for £3 a month. If you are an existing customer and you would like to add any of the channel packs, you will be able to do so by logging into the Member Centre and clicking on "My Channel Packs" after August 4th.
If you are interested in taking YouView TV out with Plusnet, further information can be found here.
Thanks,
Matty
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) modified at PN request]
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
28 REPLIES 28
andygulls

Re: BT Sport available on YouView from August 5th

AS I already have BT Sport on the SKY access will I be automatically switched over or do I have to cancel the Sky version and reapply for the You View version
FayteJWJ

Matty:
I'm a shift worker and sometimes I like to watch sport on my mobile. Will the BT Sport app be available with this package?
Cheers
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: andygulls
AS I already have BT Sport on the SKY access will I be automatically switched over or do I have to cancel the Sky version and reapply for the You View version

Yes, you'll need to cancel sky and switch to youview.
Quote from: FayteJWJ
I'm a shift worker and sometimes I like to watch sport on my mobile. Will the BT Sport app be available with this package?

bt sport app isn't available for PN customers and unlikely to be so.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
FayteJWJ

Dvorak,
Do you mean it's not available overall or just for PlusNet customers?
If overall then there is a BT Sport app here: http://sport.bt.com/watch-now/programmes/download-the-bt-sport-app-for-your-device-S11363860641475
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i meant for the plusnet offering, i shall amend my post.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
FayteJWJ

Disappointing news.
I can't see why not as the infrastructure is in place. I could see why they couldn't do it with the Sky version of BT Sport
kdhuk
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC

BT Sport Lite is included within the YouView TV from Plusnet package, and means you can watch BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Extra.
BT Sport 1 will show;
•         38 exclusive live Barclays Premier League matches, including 18 top picks no longer available on Sky Sports
•         24 exclusive live matches from the FA Cup and the Final live from Wembley
•         30 exclusive live matches from the Scottish Premier League
•         All 69 live televised matches from Aviva Premiership Rugby plus 35 live games from the European Champions Cup
Matty

According to BT themselves  BT Sport 1 does not include the FA Cup matches or the European Rugby Champions Cup
taken from http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53767/~/manage-my-bt-sport-options...................
"If I don't want the BT Sport Pack will I lose any of the programmes I have today on BT Sport?
Yes. BT Sport Pack will give you access to all our great content, including all 146 UEFA Champions League games. Whereas BT Sport Lite will only give you access to BT Sport 1 showing Barclays Premier League, Aviva Premiership Rugby and Scottish Professional Football League.
By downgrading from BT Sport Pack to BT Sport Lite you'll lose out on the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League, UFC, the FA Cup, European Rugby Champions Cup, Ultimate Fighting Championship, MotoGP™ and loads more top sport."
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

How much of all of this TV Sport are users getting for 'free' (paid for by others through line rental price hikes) and how much if it is being paid for direct and in full by those who want wall to wall football?
There is more to life than sports TV - I would rather see PlusNET offering quality broadband services than trying to compete with Sky.
When will we see announcements for IPv6, SSL, better support (quicker phone answering and ticket resolution), less problems from BTOR?  Why offer this content delivery and not VOIP?  If PlusNET believes that they are a connect only provider (as suggested by the demise of web server, cgi server, VOIP, fax2email services) why are they enhancing the TV content offer?  Having to cross subsidise others watching football is as much a disincentive for staying with PlusNET as are the price hikes, fall in service standards and loss of Internet package functionality.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Townman
If PlusNET believes that they are a connect only provider (as suggested by the demise of web server, cgi server, VOIP, fax2email services) why are they enhancing the TV content offer?

Because their remit from their owners is to directly complete with Sky and TalkTalk so we can expect to see them become more and more like them in all respects. So, for example, Plusnet management won't mind how much support standards slide as long as costs are reduced and their rating remains a little above Sky and TalkTalk.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kdhuk
Grafter

....and also because PlusNet's owners BT are committed to spending the best part  of £2 Billion on TV Football rights in the coming years
and also have a further £12.5 Billion bill coming to pay for EE next year  Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Sounds like I'm a lone voice in not wanting to subsidise other's consumption of Sports TV?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

no you aren't  Crazy
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Nope not at all and the thought of that football actually puts me off more. lol
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I can always hide the 'free' BT sports channels on by YouView box.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.