Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Router firmware testing

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ADSL Router firmware testing

Moderators have no access to anything to do with your account so can't help.
Only staff can help
nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Try a new download of the firmware
http://www.mattturner.plus.com/PN%20TG582n%20R10.2.0.B%20DEMO.bin
Ignore the link this now points to the 10.2.2.9 firmware
dimcass
Dabbler

I meant stuff...sorry

I've also tried the older version still nothing.
dimcass
Dabbler

said I'd give it one last attempt...it worked.Don't know why but I've got the latest version in.
Crazy
thanks to all of you
gtg

I don't know if this is still valid but having just received a TG582N on 8.4.4.J maybe it is...
I have encountered problems while downloading large files (movie from blinkbox at max line speed), with dns timeouts, clears when the download is finished so that's something to test. Also Gibson research's DNS benchmark advises the local name server ie router,  "DNS queries are not being answered consistently" presumably explaining why browsing is sluggish and sometimes hangs since I switched to this router.   I have numerous wired and wireless devices to play with so if I can help - let me know.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi there, welcome to the forums. There's quite a few interesting threads on the Broadband and Routers board about the 582n - addressing numerous aspects. Here's one to start with http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113392.0.html
gtg

10.2.0.B still reports DNS queries are not being answered consistently but I'll give it a few days of real life use before I decide whether or not to ditch it...
Anotherone
Champion

I don't know if you meant 10.2.2.B which is the latest (but no USB support on any except 8.4.4.J original if you have one with the USB port). I'd add any further posts to that other thread and have a look at some of the stuff on npr's site, some very useful info there as well.
gtg

Whoops, I picked up 10.2.0.B from post 31 in this thread, I'm on 10.2.2.B now and  the DNS query issue is no longer occurring    Grin fingers crossed...
Thanks,
gtg

Well mine dies a death - internet connection test eventually showed no ATM detected on my line so back to the HH3B giving a huge improvement in performance.
Check the release notes for 10.2.2.B I don't expect to reinstall the TG582n anytime soon.
"Restart due to memory congestion on the kernel
Description
Large file transfers may cause the MediaAccess Gateway to restart.
Workaround
None."
On the plus  Grin side - plus net support were excellent - well done chaps....
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Hi,
Are you still looking for testers?
My business account (not the one linked to his forum ID) has a PN supplied TG582n router.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

No they aren't Kevin, and this thread is months old and there are many other newer threads in relation to the 582n and there's one I linked to in an earlier post.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: dimcass
tried that,too.Guess what?Nothing.Still gives error message after transfer to the device and before it installs it.

Can I just ask, are you definitely using the specific Windows 7 version of the flashing utility?  http://www.binarybob.plus.com/thomson/Windows%207%20Upgrade%20Tool.zip
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

Err, that was over 4 months ago  Shocked
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Ooops, the thread appeared on 'recent unread topics' so I just 'went with the flow'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.