is this the place for "Ebay" adverts?

Is this the place for "Ebay" adverts?
Shocked
  seems like ebay has infiltrated the plusnet forums. Shocked
Huh
Shocked
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: is this the place for "Ebay" adverts?

Given that the rules for this board include that as a suitable use, I guess your question is a little moot.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Quote from: shutter
Is this the place for "Ebay" adverts?

Yup. From the sticky at the top of this forum:
Quote from: HSNetwork
Plusnet acts as a venue which allows registered customers to offer, sell, and buy items. They can either be at a fixed price set by the customer listing the item, or by linking to their personal online auctioning pages, on sites such as eBay.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ok. sorry.  Cry  Embarrassed
just like to look at what people have for sale, and not get re-directed to another site, only to come back again after a disappointing trip..... Cry
Community Veteran

I have a comment about this actually. Something I have seen users do is advertise an item they're selling on eBay, with the offer that they'll end the eBay auction and sell to someone on here instead if they're given a good enough price. This practice shouldn't really be allowed, as it's against eBay rules - although I accept that at the same time, it's not this forum's responsibility to police eBay's rules, perhaps it would be a good idea to mention this somewhere nevertheless.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

given that they appear to be within the rules, arn't three items of a similar type all with lame excuses on e-bay a bit much?
Community Veteran

I'm not saying you should actually enforce the rules, but I think a mention of it somewhere wouldn't go amiss - probably in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. It would make sure unwitting eBay users are aware of the policy, and would mean that unwitting browsers of this forum are aware that the members who do flout the rule aren't acting entirely responsibly.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Change my last posting to read five mobile phones. plus others.  If they have got that many they should give them to a charity