Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANTED: Hard drives - Urgent

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

WANTED: Hard drives - Urgent

Guys,
I'm frantically low on HDDs after I've had a few die on me recently. I now have no where to back up our files and my main systems HDD keeps randomly cutting in and out suggesting its also on borrowed time (typical).
Have any of you got any spare unwanted reliable HDDs that you'd be willing to sell very cheap?
I'll consider anything - 20GB upwards but preferably 40 - 60GB.
I'm really desperate... to the point where I'm almost at the stage of burning VMware systems onto DVD discs just to free up about 8GB (except I'm temporarily out of stock!  Shocked) even then it's not enough to back up everything...
Payday is Friday so I can sort out something then...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: WANTED: Hard drives - Urgent

If you've got £60 floating about (after payday of course!) then you can pick up 0.5TB (which sounds so much better than 500GB!) external harddrives for about that much.
I remember paying £80 for a 20GB internal drive in 1999 Sad
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I can remember paying £80 for a 20MB internal drive a while before that!  To go with James convention here's a 0.75TB internal drive for £65.

Phil
Community Veteran

That's very very cheap....
I might order me a couple...
Wink
B.
EDIT:: Although, not as cheap as this one
Community Veteran

Lol.... me having a spare £60? - I'm running a 2.5 ltr beast of fury on the road... which with todays fuel prices doesn't leave me a great deal of spare cash.
I noticed ages ago Ebay used to have some cheap 2nd hand HDDs but I couldn't see any last night at the late hour I was looking - I'll have another look in a bit.
Also it has to be said, I've heard a few horror stories where peoples 500GB external drives have packed up and died without warning so I'm a bit sceptical of using one to be honest.. though I suppose as backup only it would probably do the job.
I remember a couple of years ago a mate gave me 3 old computers and tons of old unwanted parts. I was chuffed to bits when I found a 80GB HDD in one of them! (and it even lasted just over a whole year too!)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

okrzynska set up?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

trythis
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
okrzynska set up?

LOL I wish!
Community Veteran

Car boot around here you can get loads of them on car boots for £5