Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 for Sale

mathewwhite
Dabbler

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 for Sale

Hi there,
I regularly build/maintain PC's for friends etc and bought 5 OEM processors from my usual supplier as he gave me a good deal - i only needed 4 but he sold me 5 for £500.
Over the past 3 months I have built four machines and now have a processor going spare. I orignally thought I would use it but I am going to take a rest from PC building for a while! I dont have the time!
The processors I brought are the Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131950 - £140.
Because it was bought in a pack with 4 other processors, it doesnt come with the original packaging or the processor fans - this really is just the processor in the normal packaging I receive my processors in and you would need to arrange your own fan (might have a spare one here if I looked!). They fit in to a socket 775 motherboard and are a very good quad core processor.
Intel Quad Core Technology
2.40GHz clock speed
8MB L2 Cache
Intel Speedstep Technology
EM64T 64-Bit Technology
If anyone is thinking about upgrading their PC anytime soon, this would be a nice option for you and I would take £70 for it.
I thought I would try on here first before I put on Ebay to save on advert fees.
Any questions, please let me know
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 for Sale

Hi,
Do you know if this is the SLACR version (ie G0 stepping?)
If not can you please post the product code so I can have a quick google>?
Cheers, Matt
mathewwhite
Dabbler

Hmmm, not sure about SLACR Version - way over my head to be honest.
The only codes on the processor that made be your product code is L741B024 or 2L750597A0367
Like I say, this was bought in batch and so doesnt come with any packaging, just the usual processor carrier. I have been told that this is the link to the item on ebuyer which says that it is g0 -http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131950
If you tell me how I can tell you for sure, I will look.
Matt
holdtight
Grafter

Matt i was under the impression that the Quad Q6600`s are all SLACR
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLACR ;
Of course it wouldn't be the first time ive been wrong  Embarrassed  but im pretty sure
mathewwhite
Dabbler

I am such an idiot! it says SLACR on the chip itself!
Are you interested?
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I am... but am also unsure. Basically I was looking at getting a Core2duo E8400, and then found that the Xeon E3110 is exactly the same chip but binned for higher speeds and lower voltages (and is also slightly cheaper) so will overclock like a mother... but those are like rocking horse excrement at the moment.
Thing is, I'm not sure I'll get the overclocking on a quad that I will on a duallie cos I haven't got my water cooling sorted yet and it'll run a lot hotter, especially on stock cooling (which is all I have at the moment).
So... kind of interested but undecided at the moment. I don't suppose any of the computers you built were for overclockers were they? If so, do you know what sort of speeds they were getting? I know it's a long shot.
Sorry to be such a hassle, but I've put a lot of time and money into my current rig and I want to get it right.
mathewwhite
Dabbler

Hi there,
The machines I built were for work colleagues, none of which I am sure would know the first thing about over clocking.
Have a think and let me know, I am aiming to stick it on Ebay over the weekend.
Matt
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sent you a PM earlier, ta.