Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free/Cheap PHP work to build my portfolio

liam1412
Grafter

Free/Cheap PHP work to build my portfolio

Hi
I've been messing about with php for a while now and aside from building blogs/forums I've run out of ideas for project work.  If any of you have any work you're wanting doing then give me a shout. providing its not a months work I will give it a go.
Obviously I am learning so please don't ask me to build sites that handle financial payments other than through the paypal API or similar as I don't want to be responsible for financial meltdown LOL.
I have a good grasp of general PHP but haven't delved into things such as CURL, Smarty or other more complex technologies.  I am willing to give these a go but you would have to understand that it would be new ground for me
Due to my inexperience I won't be able to offer any guarantees but will work with you to get it running as required.
27 REPLIES
mcgurka
Grafter

Re: Free/Cheap PHP work to build my portfolio

I have a request, I will PM you about it.
liam1412
Grafter

1 taker so far. 
Keep em coming. 
Just a side note I have an interest in businessy apps rather then websites but I will do websites provided its not overly complicated design.  I want to be a coder rather than designer so can only provide basic templates.
liam1412
Grafter

Got a couple of requests form the above member so I'll let him tell you how we get on.  If anyone else has any requests post in here or pm me.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Great to see you offering your skills to the wider community Liam. Keep it up!!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

liam1412
Grafter

No one seems to even want free work doing though. Oh well. Worth a try  Grin
Got a fairly big project at the mo going anyway.
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Full quote of the proceeding post removed. mod:end
mcgurka
Grafter

Speaking of which, hows that comming along, got a shiny new server to play with Cheesy
N/A

I'd like a hell-desk ticketing system if you are *really* bored!
liam1412
Grafter

Quote from: mcgurka
Speaking of which, hows that comming along, got a shiny new server to play with Cheesy

Its coming along okay at the mo mate.  Been a little busy at the weekend so not got a great deal done then, but back on it tonight. ill hit youup when im online tonight
liam1412
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
I'd like a hell-desk ticketing system if you are *really* bored!

That can be done. Infact im doing one for mcgurka with a little extra so should be able to nick lots of code from that. 
Add me to msn liam_1412(((((((((((((@))))))))))))))))hotmail.co.uk and ill have a chat with you later
mcgurka
Grafter

Cool, no worries, the plan is to hang one of my new Proliant G5's off a connection from Plusnet, with static ip's a plenty Smiley Maybe... if i can convince networks to give me a 4th subnet!
liam1412
Grafter

Cool.  Ill shoutyou when im online tonight then. Got a few Q's anyway
LiamM
Grafter

I'd like a task manager that's a bit like the one in Workplace.  Ahem, I'm forced to use TaskFreak at the minute. :-)
liam1412
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
I'd like a task manager that's a bit like the one in Workplace.  Ahem, I'm forced to use TaskFreak at the minute. :-)

Add me to MSN on the address a couple of posts up and I'll have a chat with you later
mcgurka
Grafter

Hehe, I'd take you up on taskman as well, just to chart my own time Smiley
Scott
p.s. Ordered the PN connection from PN today, already drafted my ripe statement, lol