cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanted charger for panasonic m10

N/A

hi has any one got a charger or power suply that would fit a panasonic m10 full size video camera if so please email me on gareth_24@msn.com
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've got a charger for a Samsung camcorder, dont know much about camcorders etc, but as far as I know most of the batteries are similar, what voltage is it and is it a plug in charger / adaptor or something to charge external batteries you are looking for?
Community Veteran

Be careful - the wrong current can also cause problems - and, rather obviously, the right connector helps as well. :lol:

Thomas
Community Veteran

Current won't be a problem Thomas as the amount of current flowing is dependant on the voltage applied. So if the voltage is correct then so will be the current. "Ohms Law" Cool
N/A

hi there thans for reply.as far as i know it must be off a panasonic m10 full size vhs camcorder as it takes a 12 vold batery 12 dc
thanks again
holdtight
Grafter

Hi Gareth,
i have a universal charger for camcorder batteries
which comes with various sized adapters which cover most
camcorder batteries, this is however an off camera charger
and not a plug in to camera as you wanted,
let me know the size of your battery and i will see if it has
the right size adapter,
thats if its any good to you.
Community Veteran

Current won't be a problem Thomas as the amount of current flowing is dependant on the voltage applied. So if the voltage is correct then so will be the current. "Ohms Law" Cool

Not necessarily the case, i.e. if this camcorder is an international model (I don't know if it is or not)... trust me, I damaged an (expensive) MP3 player from Canada by using a generic charger at the correct voltage but with the wrong current. Sad

Thomas
Community Veteran

You must have had a fault somewhere then Thomas. Believe me that the current in a circuit is the sum of the voltage divided by the resistance.
If its changed then Professor Ohm will be turning over in his grave Cry
Community Veteran

Nope, no fault, I'm talking about published figures on both the (generic) variable-voltage adaptor I purchased in the UK, and the (Canadian) equipment - the two had the same voltage set, but different currents.

And I am familiar with Ohm's law myself - I do do Physics, you know. Tongue

(Apologies to the thread starter if this has been a little OT, but I think it's important, as I did manage to damage the battery in an expensive MP3 player by making a mistake that could happen here.)

Thomas
Community Veteran

Thomas we seem to be at cross purposes here.

I think what you are trying to say is that the "current rating" of the power unit was higher? What this means is that it is capable of supplying a higher current provided that the output voltage is maintained.

What happens with some of the cheaper nastier power supplies is that that when they start supplying current the voltage drops because the internal resistance of the the unit is high. (Thin copper wire) this voltage drop actually limits the current that can be taken from the unit to the camera etc.

A better quality supply will have heftier wire thus less internal resistance so the voltage doesn't drop as much. this results in it being capable of supplying a heftier current.

Unfortunately some manufactures of equipment rely on this internal resistance in the power unit to provide the regulation required for their equipement. So the power suppy matches the camcorder etc.

When you fit a heftier unit then the output voltage from the supply doesnt drop as much which results in the camera etc drawing more current than it was designed to do. In this case then yes damage could occur.

What I was trying to say originaly was that the amperage rating shown on a power unit means nothing unless you know what load its meant to supply and at what voltage as they are all inter dependant.
Community Veteran

Ah, in that case yes, we were getting our wires crossed :lol: ( Ok, bad pun.)

So, just to re-iterate for the original poster(s)... make sure you don't just look at the voltage. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

Charger Enquiry

Call Harp Electronics on Tottenham Court Road. They used to sell these chargers in the past