cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted: HD

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Looking for a HD with a 5400 spindle speed not 7200 due to not having a spare cooler for one.

Will consider anything from 30 to 60 gig except for any Samsungs or Fujitsu's
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
6 REPLIES
michaelscott
Grafter

i run a 7200rpm hdd without any heat problems.
Community Veteran

nice for you but not what I want or need, now to kill the email respondered and thx again for that wasted email.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
michaelscott
Grafter

i was simply pointing out that you do not necessarily need cooling for a 7200rpm HDD. This might have been helpful to you because if you specified that you didn't mind having a 5400rpm or 7200rpm HDD, it might increase your chances of getting what you want. A 7200rpm would also increase performance, too.

I was trying to be helpful, but with some people, help does not seem to be appreciated.

BTW, what wasted email?
N/A

It sounds like he has reply notifications enabled.

The stance here is one of rudeness on the orignal posters part though.

If you wish to post in public forums, hwere replies can be made, expect them to be. Provided they are on topic or within some context of the original post (as the reply was) then there is nothing wrong with it.

I feel the original question still applies though, Why do you need slower spindle speed drives?

heat generated from the extra speed is minimal, and to see a noticable increase, I would seriously be looking towards a case cooling and positioning problem.
Community Veteran

well you can delete this ebuyer prices have dropped so buying a new one.

Also reason for wanting just a 5400, as it is going in a old pc with just a ATA 33 IDE port so a 7200 would have been a waste. Plus the fact its a small midi case with little air flow in it let alone through it, which I keep on 24/7 so heat is a big issue, especially in the summer
Community Veteran

Well, we don't delete threads around here, but I'll lock it.

Thomas