cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANTED sky digital reciever

Brickinit
Grafter

have anyone got a digi box for sale bought a sat system and to be quite frank it doesn't do what i would like it to do, ie pick up the uk freeview channels as they are encrypted and you need a sky box to unscramble them. least thats the way i'm know reading it.

malc
10 REPLIES
N/A

What sat system have you bought?

Unfortunatly, no matter which digi-set system you buy, your going to need a card to get the freeview channels.

Your current system may do what you need, except you havn't got a card for it.
Brickinit
Grafter

i bought a package with a DVB box this does not have a card reader on it.
it was a cheapy from lidl's last week managed to get the thing running but when you log into astra 28 it gets a reasonable signal but says there is no audio or video
michaelscott
Grafter

When you get your Sky Digibox, you will, as Acarr says, need a card. If you only want the free channels, try this: http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/
N/A

I've got one for sale. Make me an offer by PM. Wink
N/A

This system from Lidls was a waste of space. We bought one to use with our caravan, after about 7 or 8 hours fiddiling with the thing couldn't get it to work so we took it back and got a refund from them. I then bought a sky dish and digibox from e-bay. Set this up in about ten minutes and have a brilliant picture all the time. I think the dish with the Lidl system is too small and weak for picking up the astra sattalites.
Brickinit
Grafter

i have got mine working picks up asta 1b and astra 2d but it doesn't unscramble the signal of encrypted channels. did they take it back ok. i bought 2 one for my daughter so i wouldn't mind getting at least one back to them
chino
Grafter

It depends what you want to do, Just uk freeview then sky will do it with a £20 card from sky. If you want MTV, VH1 ect ect for free you will need a dish pointing at hotbird with a receiver, i have one 85cm disk with a motor to allow me to move to most of the freeview sat's though i am about to start playing with a new 1m flux dish with a .3 lnb to get a few more, though i use a card and a cam....

Mark

PS ebay have lots to sky digi boxes
Brickinit
Grafter

got it working fine on astra d now, had to get someone to set it up to the sat. properly, ( thought i was locked on to 2d infact on 2b signal too weak)
Amittel, you seem to have dissappeared have PMed you too tie up the loose end please get in touch am still interested in your box to get the other free 2 view channels, i just need a £20 card from sky
N/A

Sky Digibox

I can help you both ways. A Panasonic TU DSB 30 PLUS a fully activated Sky card to get all the Freeview channels (ITV, Ch4 etc). I paid the 20 quid a few months ago and switched to Sky. Yea, I know :?

Make me an offer and p&p will be at cost.
Andy
Brickinit
Grafter

thanks for the offer andy, but i forged ahead got a panasonic TU DSB40 off ebay and recieved Sky card on monday.
watching the way the go on ebay you shouldn't have it too long.
thank again
malc