cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

got 3 machines and need to install xp pro in all...whats cheapest possible prices i can get and from where? i thtought xp pro was £40 beforew the oem version but thier £100 :shock:

Anyone knows any cheaper place
10 REPLIES
N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

Have a search on eBay.
The only requirement to fulfil the license agreement for an OEM version rather than a retail version is that you buy it with hardware. Often they are sold witha free mouse to ensure that you are legal. I think my version cost me about £20 a couple of years ago.
lingbob
Grafter

Re: WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

got 3 machines and need to install xp pro in all...

Before you start splashing out your well-earned dosh, I hope you realise that you'll need to purchase a seperate copy for each machine Sad

--
Martin
N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

yeh i know i gta get 3 separate licenses

ive seen few sites and they saying £100 each...was wondering if theirs a cheaper optionn
N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

OEM is usually around £80 or so with retail being approx £150.

Your best bet is to look on ebay and see if you can p-p-pick up a bargain.

The only other cheap way to go is either Linux ( Ubunut is very user friendly ) or XP Home which is about £50 OEM.

Regards,
holdtight
Grafter

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

I cant see the point in going for the pro version unless you specificaly need its axtra features which to be honest is not too much different from the home version

So save yourself a fair bit of cash and go for the home version instead as it will suit you just as well as xp pro

Bill.
N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

Well i bought a downloadable oem of xp pro. Do not go this route as I was told via WGA that the serial for the serial is of a Volume Licensing Agreement! Tossers. On the plus side i had the full nero 6 free with it so i suppose i should be greatful and get it from ebuyer!

The pro version is better on security, and I LIKE security. I also love linux but no distro with work with my wireless adaptor at the moment. pclos has come close but not close enough!!!!
N/A

suckered.

Well i bought a downloadable oem of xp pro. Do not go this route as I was told via WGA that the serial for the serial is of a Volume Licensing Agreement! Tossers. On the plus side i had the full nero 6 free with it so i suppose i should be greatful and get it from ebuyer!
!!!

I mean come on you got suckered by this didn't you, when you buy a OEM version downloadable or not you shold have a OEM sticker to whack onto your PC or a certificate of Authenticity with the key printed on it.

the amount of the "OEM" sites selling software like OEM autocad etc for like £50 i mean come on most of these products they sell dont do oem version so its just pirated SW.
N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

I have 8 licenses for using XP Pro and only use 1. I may be able to help you out for £50 each license. If your interested send me a private mail.
vic_newey
Grafter

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

The bloke at our local PC shop gave me a corporate version of XP pro to reload windows when our PC broke down ,not used it on my PC but my daughter has it loaded on hers,
it loads the whole thing from start to finish including nero & adaware, word etc without any need to type anything & theres no serial number
Not sure how long it would be valid as far as Microsoft are concerned as in reality it reinstalled what was already there
N/A

WANTED - Win xp pro OEM

That will more than likely be a dodgy copy then. Most rebuilds of corp auto install with a few bits of extra software.