cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Brickinit
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Does anyone have a redundent socket A MoBo for sale suitable for a AMD 2000 XP CPU pref with onboard sound and video.
14 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

I do have several socket A boards kicking about doing nothing

Not sure whether any have onboard graphics or not but if you bear with me till tomorrow ill have a look at what makes & models they are and get back to you

Bill.
N/A

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

I also think I have an Asus sa around somewhere that would handle an XP2000 chip.

Ill double check for you though. Then its a case of either letting me down or Bill Wink :lol: kidding.
Brickinit
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

don't you guys ever sleep :lol:
thanks for the replies when you get a chance to sort things out can you give me an idea of price including p & p

thanks

Mal
holdtight
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Hi Mal

I have found two socket A boards today both by Asus one is the A7N8X
2 sata
6 USB 2.0
2 ethernet ports
AGP x8
5 PCI
3 Dual-Channel DDR 184 Pin DIMM slots @ 400 MHz • 333 MHz • 266 MHz & 200 MHz, max 3 GB
NVidia nForce2 SPP chipset
Dolby digital 6-channel sound

The other is the A7V8X-X
6 USB 2.0 ports
AGP x8
6 PCI
3 Dual-Channel DDR 184 Pin DIMM slots @ 533 MHz • 400 MHz • 333 MHz • 266 MHz & 200 MHz, max 3 GB
VIA Apollo KT400 chipset
5.1 channel surround sound

If you can bear with me for another evening ill have more time to look tomorrow as i know ive got quite a few athlon boards of various makes/models

As for the price i had a quick look on ebay for a rough idea and they seem to be going for anything between £10 & £30 dependant on model so i would be happy with a tenner inc P&P

Bill.
Brickinit
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

hi Bill,
any joy with a MoBo with sound/graphics? will it be suitable to accept a Sempron 2000? got my machines muddled, thought it was our Athlon XP but it is the Sempron.
regards
Mal
holdtight
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Sorry Mal all the boards i found have onboard sound but none with graphics they all require an AGP or PCI card

I can give you a card with one thats no problem but im guessing your specifically looking for onboard by what youve said already

If its a socket A sempron you have then yes it will go into most if not all of the Athlon designed boards

Hopefully Tom can still help you out here if he has something suitable

Bill.
N/A

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Hmm,

No the board I have floating around doesnt support Sempron. I even tried the bios flash and it doesnt recognise sempron as that but instead put a 2200 sempron down as being a 900mhz athlon :/

This is the only reason why the board is spare actually lol.
holdtight
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

This is the only reason why the board is spare actually lol
Or possibly ready for the bin eh Tom Wink

Mal
Ive just found another board which fits your requirments its a Gigabyte GA-7VMP and according to the CPU support list will take your sempron without problem

This was stripped from a working system however its not been tested by myself and at the moment i dont have the time to test it so i dont know the current condition although i see no reason why it shouldnt be ok

Bill.
N/A

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

This is the only reason why the board is spare actually lol
Or possibly ready for the bin eh Tom Wink

How dare you. That would be such a waste. Now sit there and do 10 Hail Mary's for your evil thoughts :lol:
holdtight
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

I have to confess Tom after writing that then looking around me at the piles of parts and ex parts some of which i know dont work anymore and the fact that im the last one to throw anything away (cos it might come in handy one day) much to the annoyance of my better half i did give myself a slap on the wrist

Hail Mary`s said and please accept my sincerest apologies for any evil thoughts :lol:
Brickinit
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Hi Bill,
the gigabyte sounds great.How much would you like for this one? can you PM with your address so i can send you the payment.
Regards
Mal

PS. thanks for your efforts Tom.
holdtight
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Hi Mal

Apologies for the delay but i thought i would take the time to test this board over the weekend

Unfortunately there appears to be a problem with the USB ports on this board where the board either freezes or reboots when a device is plugged in, not all the time but enough so im glad i did test it

Sorry i thought we had it covered for a while there but if i do find something else that will suit i will let you know soonest

regards
Bill
Brickinit
Grafter

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Ok Bill,
thanks for your time, hopfully something will turn up from you or any of the other forum members.
Thanks again Smiley

Mal.
N/A

( WANTED) SOCKET A MOBO

Microdirect have an AS Rock one for around £25