- CDRW/DVD-ROM Drive
- Onboard Sound, Video, LAN, USB2.0
- Black / Silver ATX Case with Cooling & 350W PSU
- Floppy Disk Drive

- Acer 15" TFT Flat Panel Monitor
- Black / Silver Keyboard, Mouse & Speakers
- Relisys 3.1Megapixel Digital Camera
- Lexmark All-in-One Multifunction Colour Printer / Photocopier / Scanner

What do you think? All for £459 inc Vat ex Del.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: New PC System / Full Package

- Lexmark All-in-One Multifunction Colour Printer / Photocopier / Scanner

What do you think? All for £459 inc Vat ex Del.
£600 inc VAT ex Lexmark printer !!!

Personally I am not a fan of bundled deals.

Which make is this?

Chilly
LiamM
Grafter

New PC System / Full Package

The Liam Martin make lol.... I'm selling...
craigbrass
Grafter

Just a hint Liam, maybe do a 64bit one, its what people need to be moving onto with the launch of Windows XP 64bit.
michaelscott
Grafter

For joe average 64 bit won't make any difference for many years.
LiamM
Grafter

True. 64bit is going to take a long time to actually become mainstream, and in my experience with home users, it simply isn't worth it yet. I have built up and tested a variety of 64bit machines and the advantage just isn't yet clear enough.

Running 32bit software / hardware can cause issues with drivers etc... Driver Support isn't good for 64bit yet.

My company are also offering 64bit for the more advanced user, but in our opinion, for mainstream family PCs - 64bit will not be the norm for a couple of years yet.
N/A

64-bit machines

Try looking at this month's PC mags mate (think PC PRO i read) There are already family PCs being sold with Athlon 64's and Windows XP Pro which are avery reasonable price.

Software that supports 64 bit is coming out almost daily now
LiamM
Grafter

That may be true. But if I am selling a customer a product, I am going to want to have complete faith that that product will do what it wants it to do.

I specced up and built an Athlon64 PC and gave it to my brother for a few weeks, in the few weeks he had it he went out and bought some wireless kit - the drivers didnt work, then he went and bought a joystick from Game - the drivers didnt work, then he tried installing his work database software - it wouldn't install.

I had a play and found similar niggles. Easy to get around if you know exactly what you're doing in most cases. But to typcial Joe Bloggs who knows next to nothing - I do not personally believe 64bit is ready to support these types of user yet, and I therefore am not willing to sell it that way.

As said above, I happily sell 64bit PCs for people who want / request them - but I'm not gonna push the sales of them into the mainstream market for some time.
Alecto
Grafter

Shouldn't you be at Glastonbury Liam?
LiamM
Grafter

Well I should, but I have an exam on Friday. Was going to try and get up there after my exam for Saturday / Sunday but I haven't heard back from their press office yet - they're a bit slow!