http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6746954356
4 REPLIES
N/A

Kingston 1gb (2x512MB) 400MHz Matched Pair DDR

Can i ask why you are gettin rid plz?
N/A

*deep breath*

In January I bought a Gigabyte motherboard, AMD 64 and 2 extra 512mb sticks which meant I had 4x512mb sticks set up in two sets of dual DDR. Last week I bought a DVD-RW and new speakers; somehow during the installation of the DVD-RW I seem to have totally destroyed one of the DDR channels (i.e. 2 of the slots). This is my typical PC luck, no simple upgrade is EVER simple, I always end up spending more money! So yeah I ended up with 2 sticks that no longer worked - I thought... until I switched them around and they worked fine, testing all combinations I finally confirmed 2 of the channels were down and the other 2 worked fine with all 4 chips! I can't live with less than 2GB of memory, I'm just too used to the speed and efficiency, especially in 3D modelling (memory hungry to high hell!) so I had to buy 2x1gb sticks!

So that's why I'm getting rid of them :p I have 2 1GB sticks now, this is the second matched pair, I've already sold the Corsair pair.
N/A

*deep breath*

LOL, sorry i made you have to explain all that Shocked but i am interested.

Btw!.. did this set of ram run ok in dual channel mode with the Corsair you had?
N/A

Yup, ran totally smoothly. Of course my new memory bitches at anything over 400MHz which is really ticking me off -_-