cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the place?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is this the place?

I do appreciate this is a "for sale" forum, it's not moderated as such, and basically run by the users, but is this really the place to try and sell a car? as if there weren't enough freebie papers for the car changing public already.

I also realise it's probably the least used of the forums, so maybe it needs something to liven it up a bit, and no I'm not bitter about not being able to shift the copy of XP either.

Maybe I should put an ad in for my 25 bedroom mansion, with detached staff quarters in it's own 35 acre plot, a snip at only £7.5million, but I don't think this is the place for it, but the principle remains the same.

But then maybe I'm wrong?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
11 REPLIES
N/A

Is this the place?

The forum is designed for selling. It doesn't have any limits as to what may be sold. Personally, I wouldn't just buy a car straight off, and I doubt anyone else would. They can at least arrange a visit through the forums though.

There was a great deal of discussion before the forums were made along the lines of "but there are plenty of other places to buy ___, why do we need a forum" but in the end, the response was more positive than it was negative.
Community Veteran

Is this the place?

I'd agree we dont need this forum, but it doesnt really cause any problems.

People are free to sell whatever they want, inline with the forum guidlines and English Law.

Chris
N/A

Is this the place?

What's the drainage like on your 35 acres? Is it suitable for development into a carp pond?

Would you offer a discount for cash?
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Is this the place?

My local slum lord is looking for somehere to build a new trailer park. Cheesy
N/A

Is this the place?

I'm not going to get into a bidding war, but if I might be able to throw in a Peugeot 206 as part of the deal.............
Community Veteran

Is this the place?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :roll:

Wink

Thomas
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is this the place?

I don't agree, I like sarcasm, it's usually well thought out and often very funny.

I'm enjoying this now, glad I opened this can of worms.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

Is this the place?

How much for the can of worms?
Community Veteran

Is this the place?

Mmm Smiley good job we don't moderate this forum as tightly as the others.
This one is wandering all over the place. Cool
Community Veteran

Is this the place?

I did think about doing something with it... but, to be frank, what can we do? Move it? Nah... then the the thread wouldn't make sense! Cheesy

Thomas
N/A

Is this the place?

Hehe off-topicness, how I've missed it.