Digital camcorder

Hi,

PANASONIC NV-DS11 digital camcorder,
400x digital/ 20x optical zoom,
2.5" LCD colour screen,
12bit/16bit PCM stereo sound,
external mic socket,
super image stabiliser,
DV in/out (iLink/IEEE1394/Firewire port - can edit footage on a PC with appropriate software),
S-Video,
digital still picture terminal,
digital effects,
manual focus/white balance/shutter speed,
digital effects (inc. wipe, sepia, mix, gain up),
LP recording mode.

The pictures and videos produced look great.

For sale at £200 ono. I'm based near Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

Cheers ta.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Digital camcorder

I'd just like to point out that the "400x digital zoom" is marketing speak that all manufacturers use - essentially, it's a lie... the camcorder has 20x digital zoom and 20x optical zoom, which combined will offer 400x zoom. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

Digital camcorder

Anyone with a interest in camcorders will know that it is the optical zoom that matters most, and at 20x the NV-DS11 scores very highly even compared to current models.
The digital zoom feature of probably any camcorder leads to poor images and should never be replied upon for close-ups. So, NV-DS11 is no better or worse than any other camcorder in this respect.

Well, can't have anyone dissing my camcorder without some retort Cheesy

Cheers ta, Ian.
Community Veteran

Digital camcorder

Don't worry, I know exactly what digital zoom is. Smiley I'm actually a fairly experienced digital photographer myself. Cool

Thomas
N/A

Digital camcorder

conditionHuh it has a carry case?...how old is it?? did u buy it from new? and do u have original reciept? Smiley
N/A

Digital camcorder

The camera was bought new in April 2000, just before we went off and got married. We may have the original receipt somewhere but it may be a problem finding it. It's travelled to quite a few places around the world and so it does have a few scratches on the casing, but being silver it really doesn't look that bad.
The most important thing is the lens is good and the video's we film, to our eyes at least, look fantastic - just as though you were there.
There's no carry case, but there are the usual battery charger and various other connections for hooking up to VCR's, TV's, PC's etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers ta, Ian.