Grafter

Compaq Proliant Rackmount Server

wow what a starting bid i will keep an eye on this one intresting Wink
holdtight
Grafter

Do you mean wow as in wow thats a good price or wow as in wow that`ll
never sell ?

If it doesnt sell ill be surprised, i had it running with the dual 933 processors and all six disks set up in a raid 5 with 2GB ram and for an older machine it is very very fast

Nice to see you back by the way !

Bill.
N/A

I'd certainly think it a worthwhile consideration if I was in the market for a new server.
A good solid machine, and an excellent price.
holdtight
Grafter

Cheers yes i thought the same its a very good solid performer i just wish plusnets servers could be sorted so the pictures didnt keep vanishing

Its not ideal by any means when your trying to sell something and no one can see it :roll:
N/A

I wondered about than earlier when I had a look - never occurred to me that it was related to this thread
*Engages brain*
In my defence, it is friday....
sisgroup
Grafter

Do you mean wow as in wow thats a good price or wow as in wow that`ll
never sell ?

If it doesnt sell ill be surprised, i had it running with the dual 933 processors and all six disks set up in a raid 5 with 2GB ram and for an older machine it is very very fast

Nice to see you back by the way !

Bill.

i ment wow in a starting price a eBayer would normaly set that for a reserve not a starting price hehe :lol:
holdtight
Grafter

Indeed some would but i set it at a price that i would be happy-ish to get if theres not much interest in it

I could have started it at 99p but there is no way im letting it go for next to nothing again if theres not much interest i would rather keep it

and ive saved the extra few quid for putting a reserve on it Wink

we`ll have to see how it goes but i already have an offer to fall back on if it doesnt
sisgroup
Grafter

i think by setting the price at £100 its very unlikly to sell now you would have been better spending that little extra and putting a reservice on it.

Cus people are going to wonder how high they need to go now to see if there is a reserve :?

[ Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed quote from previous post. Uneeded and not permitted as per link:rules ]
holdtight
Grafter

Ah but they dont do they cos when theres a reserve on something it says in big letters reserve not met even before the first bid

So they will know there is no reserve that is the starting price and thats that

I could revise it to say no reserve but regular ebayers will know this anyway
sisgroup
Grafter

No no no i mean they will see that there is clearly a reseve but they will not know how much more and it may put them off cus of teh starting price :?

[ Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed quote from previous post. Uneeded and not permitted as per link:rules ]
Community Veteran

I think the starting price is fine. Reserve prices often put people off. I regually start items at £100+ and never use reserves. I've sold over 1000 different items on ebay.
holdtight
Grafter

Cheers i thought so too Chris its a fair starting price for a good solid performing server box and i would rather start it at that and know it will make its price than start it at 99p and see it go for peanuts

and i must say that i feel the same way about reserve prices too it does definately put many people off of bidding which defeats the object of selling and getting a good price and is why i never use them either

If something has a reserve set on it you just dont know how far you have to keep going before you reach it and i would rather source the same product elswhere on ebay without a reserve and bid on that instead i think many others feel the same way

Bill.
N/A

I have seen the same problem time and time again. The other I have seen is that if the starting price is higher then people arent interested as they want things for peanuts.

I suppose the better way to have dealt with the reserve situation is to have a final step or two in the process where the seller has to accept the final winning bid before the auction is classed as ended or something?

But thats a whole new different board game and ebay would have none of it ( as it wouldnt be chargeable lol ).
N/A

Plus it costs extra to have a reserve if memory serves me correctly.
I only ever bid on things which I know I'll get if my bid is highest. I never want the rigmarole of winning an auction, only to find its not enough to win the item - always feel as if I wasted my time.