cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new ext usb modem for sale.

N/A

I bought this to check my connection and am unable to return it due to pc worlds policy of not taking things back,
Link

no reasonable offer will be refused.

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Truncated long link for you as it was stretching the page width.]
12 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Man... I do not like PC World.

You were ripped off mate, Check here
N/A

no need to rub it in now is there Wink
+net got there before you.
LiamM
Grafter

Push an electrical charge through it, take it back to PC World as broken, kick up a huge fuss and demand a refund.
N/A

I was gonna do something similar but not sure how to do it without making it obvious . a friend of mine once put a tv card in the microwave to make it cease working but it melted the cable.he still got the refund though by kicking up a fuss about it being damaged when he opened it and alleged that the store had sold him second hand goods.Gee, if i knew how to run a charge through it then i would know how to avoid such a thing from happening again.
holdtight
Grafter

Although i too hate pc world with a passion i do still pop in from time to time and buy the odd thing or two
ive never had any problem taking things back even to the point of just saying i dont need it now and they havnt argued

i got a DVD writer from there which was so slow it was unbearable so i took it back and said just that, they took it back on the spot

if your branch of pc world are being that pig headed take Liams excellent advice and run a charge through it and return as faulty, its easy to do you dont have to plug it into the mains in fact i would strongly discourage that, check the voltage requirements and push through plenty more untill it stops

if pc world offer you a replacement tell them your so disgusted with the appalling product and service you will only take a refund and demand it they dont like a big fuss kicked up in their stores
LiamM
Grafter

I believe also that you have a legal right to obtain a refund over a replacement within 30 days of purchase.

But that could just apply to online orders. I know that under Distance Selling you can obtain a refund within 7 days. Did you order it online?
holdtight
Grafter

I do believe your right Liam although the amount of days varies widely from store to store

after having a look at pc worlds returns policy i see no reason why you should not be able to take this back for a full refund

although the below terms and conditions apply to purchases from their online store their T&C`s shouldnt be far different for their shops

If you have chosen to have your order delivered, you can cancel your purchase at any time either before or up to 14 days after delivery by:

* returning the product to one of our stores (please bring your receipt with you and the card you paid with, so that it can be credited);
* following the 'Returns' instructions in your delivery documentation;
* emailing us at sales@pcworld.co.uk;
* phoning us on 0870 242 0444 - please have your order reference number and delivery details to hand;
* writing to after sales, P.O. Box 1925, Sheffield, S2 5XW (please do not post products to this address).

Your product must be complete, unused and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any). It should be returned with the original box, packing and accessories. Pre-recorded videotapes, DVDs, CDs, minidiscs and other software must be sealed. Any 'Free Gifts' received with the product must also be returned.

You will receive a full refund, and the cancellation is free of charge provided you return the product to a store, arrange for it to be collected from the delivery address or use one of our pre-paid returns labels. If you choose another method of return, you must bear the costs.

We cannot cancel your purchase when:

* you have chosen a Collect@Store option;
* you return your product to a store without proof of purchase;
* there is a contract for services with the product and you have started using the services (this would include e.g. a mobile phone subscription, but not an extended warranty service agreement);
* the seal has been broken on any software including games; or
* the goods were a special order to your specification.
N/A

Well i ordered the thing online and used the pickup from store option so does that come under the distance selling rule ?
Out of curiousity, just how would some one increase the voltage through a similar item ?
N/A

Bids no longer required as for some strange reason the modem stopped working and pc world were happy to give me a refund. Thanks for all the offers anyway . Wink
LiamM
Grafter

Well done Smiley
Brickinit
Grafter

i was just thinking of making an offer for it. pleased i didn't ! or maybe you would have given me a full refund when it went belly up? Wink :lol:
N/A

Absolutely. Wink