cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless networking adsl

N/A

wireless networking adsl

Can anyone help I have a machine using W2K with a pci adsl card and a netgear wireless pci card installed and want to share this with the kids pc running ME with a usb netgear wireless adaptor any help please. Thanks.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: wireless networking adsl

Firstly, you will need to give both machines IP addresses, if you haven't already. If you're not sure what addresses to use, I would suggest 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.3/255.255.255.0 for the two machines.

Secondly, on the W2k machine go to Network and Dial-up Connections, right click on your ADSL connection and select properties. Somewhere in this dialogue, there will be a tick box (sorry, don't use W2k so don't know exactly where) that says 'share this connection'. Tick this box, then go back to the ME machine and set its default gateway (in the TCP/IP properties) to the IP address of the W2k machine.

Hopefully, it should be a simple as that (!) but it depends on any issues with your different brand network adapters.

> Can anyone help I have a machine using W2K with a pci adsl card and a netgear wireless pci card installed and want to share this with the kids pc running ME with a usb netgear wireless adaptor any help please. Thanks.

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm