cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whois-help.info

David_W
Rising Star

whois-help.info

I have no idea if this is just a "me" thing, but whenever I type in the wrong domain name, I get taken to a search engine with lots of adverts on it, some from googlesyndication, others from oingo.

If I type in www.force9.co.u it takes me to the search thing, so I dont have a clue why. I've ran adaware which didnt find anything, i searched regedit and found nothing. I looked on google and it brought up a lot of results, none were actually relevant though.

So is this just a "my puter is broke" kind of thing or does anyone else have the same sort of thing happening to them?
2 REPLIES
N/A

whois-help.info

You have spyware on your computer, you need to run Spybot and this will remove the worst of it.

If after running it, and re-booting, if your still getting the same problems. Then post back, as you may need to run hijack this and remove some problem entries. As sometimes spyware installs a line in the bootup to re-infect the machine.

Aaron
David_W
Rising Star

whois-help.info

That worked perfectly, thank you. I had tried Adaware, but that didnt bring any problems up, s&d did the trick, no more weirdness. Smiley