cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i save mpegs, wav and jpg?

N/A

Hi,
Anyone know a site where i can securely store above files as a back up in case my precious PC crashes, I dont have a CD burner Huh

many thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

You seem to be suggesting that if you had a CD writer, putting them on CD would be an acceptable solution, so surely the obvious answer would be to buy one -- they can be had for under £26 including software.
N/A

Saving Files for backup's

Hi dominy
The cheapest (i.e. Free) solution if you have an F9 account is to use your website space as a backup area, this can be easily used as an extension of your own hard disk drive. The advantage here is that is completely secute to.

I have used this method in the past most successfully. You might need to just check the amount of website space you have free first of all. I think its 250MB's but do check this.

All you will need is a normal FTP client program such as FreeFTP by coffee cup or CuteFTP or one of the other freeware FTP programs. Once you have access to your web space. Simply create a folder under HTDOCS called backup's or such like. Then you can upload your files to this space for safe keeping.

If you have any other questions on this I'd be glad to try and answer them.

Best Regards Ivan
N/A

nice one, I will play around with it
thanks a mill
N/A

But, if you do use your Force9 Webspace as a back-up medium, be aware that Force9 staff warn you that you should keep a backup of your Webspace -- in other words, it's not 100% guaranteed safe! While you'd be extremely unlucky to lose both your hard disc and data stored on Force9, there must be a very small risk of that happening.

Also, you may wish to consider steps to prevent the world at large from viewing your material -- the primary purpose of the webspace is as webspace, after all!