cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the download cap on broadband plus

N/A

so i got my bb working today witch is a good thing and i was looking through all my connection options and i found the usage option.
it has a par at the top which has a limit to 1GB. is this my mothly usage limitHuh
be cause i seem to be filling it up quickly as my computer is updating windows.
help plz
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

I think this should help answer your questions on this topic:-

https://portal.f9.net.uk/support/adsl/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

Ivan
N/A

Re: what is the download cap on broadband plus

so i got my bb working today witch is a good thing and i was looking through all my connection options and i found the usage option.
it has a par at the top which has a limit to 1GB. is this my mothly usage limitHuh

The bar you are loking at is your usage meter. This is only showing as 1 in the fasr right at the moment because you have downloaded less than 1GB. Once you run over 1GB, then you will see 2GB and so on. Don't panic about running over, the throttling on this account is designed to prevent that.

Regards

Mark
N/A

thanks guys
N/A

Hi,

No!! I have to totally & profoundly disagree the internet is NOT a drug!! and if you think it is then that's a figment of your imagination. The internet is just a tool or a medium of information I dont have any hang up's or illusions about it and if I never had the internet ever again tommorrow I wouldnt be bothered at all. Its only a means to an end its NOT the end in or of itself.

Ivan
N/A

well just think. u have used the internet in your daily life for 2 years, then your net goes off for a month while u switch companies (such a pain that was). u go slighty mad. cant talk to your friends on msn etc, cant check emails, genrally brouse the internet, play some internt games. i ended up watching tv and doing work and sorting out my life.
also when u go round friends houses u comendeer there internet hehe
N/A

Hi bbdale,

Yes! that's called internet addication or internet dependancy. I prefer to talk face to face with real people, sadly the internet only gives the illusion of contact but it can never replace the emotional reality of a real person infront of you. The internet is only a medium the real question here IMO is HOW people use it and why? the internet can seperate people (can be just as divisive) as it can be in connecting people.

**You have to ask yourself why your so addicated to the internet, perhaps your internet useage servers some other purpose that your not completely aware of?? I dont know. But why do you need your internet fix??

**I've been using the internet for well over 5 years now and I could walk away from it at any time without any worries. For me the internet is just a means to an end its definately NOT the be all and end all of my life. Its a tool like the phone book or yellow pages, OK its abit faster and more complex but nothing more. I have little dependancy on it in my life, its not a big deal for me, it definately doesnt hold the fascination it once did many years back. Perhaps thats why I nolonger feel like you.

Ivan
N/A

well you got me there. i am to dependent on it, but thats why im going into computers