cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do you think of this?

N/A

Seen as i'm bored I was just wondering what people thought of my new site http://www.tranceiver.tk. It's flash and designed for 1024 by 768 resolutions
11 REPLIES
N/A

Feedback

Hi,
Just had a look at your site, from a technical point of view I cannot fault the flash programming or how the site works or how one navigates around it,etc.

I hate the photograph I dont think it works at all, infact its a shame you've included it that way. To me this pulls the quality of the page right down.

**Sorry! but I hate flash I've never liked it as a technology and I dont think I ever will. I'd like to see you use less sophisticated methods than flash to create an
impressive website. There is no use of colour, shape or screen layout which could do a great deal for the page.

**Less flashy graphics can be far more impressive me thinks, sorry! to sound so negative but it is my honest opinion for what its worth.

Ivan Shockedops:
N/A

hey dont owrry thats why I asked. I'll change the photograph. And there is a good reason for no colour. It just happens to be our theme if you get me. Kinda modern. But i get wot you mean. Do you have broadband or 56k?
N/A

I don't normally like Flash based sites, but this is actually quite good. Although the picture as mentioned above is a bit annyoing. Also, when you view the Band Bios, the scrollbar on the box just seems wrong... to read more I need to click the Up arrow as opposed to the down one.

[edit: Bah, I missed out the good when I typed this post originally]
N/A

Replying

Hi,
Yep! confirm I have 512K ADSL with F9 & BT.

Ivan Cool
N/A

Photo

Hi again,
Sorry but the photograph just looks completely naff (excuse my french!!), Look as a trained professional photographer if your going to have an image or photograph atleast get one that has some professionalism to it, one that shows clearly the people in the group, preferably in colour, preferably with a design or idea that shows some attempt at originality or serious fore-thought.

**Its not difficult to do and if you get the images right people will appreciate that far far more, indeed it could acutally attract web traffic too your site,if done well.

**I wouldnt go for flash programming myself, its now old hat and also looks very naff too. Take the focus off the technology used in your site and focus on projecting the information & quality of your band/group via good design,good content (text even), there's tons of really really great things you could do but I'm sorry to say this you couldnt have picked a worse technology or design to have started with. I'd seiously think again if it was my site??

Ivan Cool
N/A

wow this is becoming quite personal. Look i said already I'm sorting the picture out. I'm sorry to say i'm not a professional photographer. Becuse of this I can't think of a pose which really is original considering how many abnds there are in the U.K with sites like ours. the original thought was to just wow them with cool flash images etc and get them intersted into finding out more about the band. its also quite hard making a site for a band who've 1) not actually got a genre 2)and have never had a band and 3)arent actually talented. I appreciate you don't like flash but like it or not a lot of sites are incorporating it into their sites. My personal opinion is that it's the best technology and far from old hat. Its much better than just boring links and images that do nothing. It brings some movement and life into a website. I cant re-design the site asimply because I dont have enough time. PLEASE NO MORE COMMENTS ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH OR FLASH. I GET THE IDEA OKAY!!
N/A

Sorry!

Hi,
Sorry! I didnt mean my comments to be taken so personally, I wasnt having a go at you. I was attempting to give some form of constructive criticsim (failed clearly!) I'm sorry! if you miss understood where I was comming from. 1) I was expressing my personal dislike for Flash as a technology, as I've said before I dont like it, its very naff if you ask me (but your not OK!! fine). 2) I was attempting to say (yes! perhaps rather clumbsily on my part,sorry) that I think you have to be abit carefull when using images of any kind on websites as they can either really lift the sites attractiveness or pull it down/destroy the effect of the site over all. 3) For me some technologies work extremely well on website's if used correctly and some technologies just dont work but its all in the balance created by the overall design.

I wish you well and hope you can find a way of creating the kind of site that works for your band/group. Sorry! again. It wasnt meant to be personally hurtful.

Best Regards to you
Ivan
N/A

sorry

okay sorry I wasnt exactly having a great day. trying to program things and do mechanics and geography homework doesn't exactly fill me with enjoyment. My fault . Thanks for the cirticism though Cheesy (thats not sarcastic btw I actually mean it)
N/A

okay how about now?

right i've now changed it slightly. i'm now really worried about colour. Any ideas on where I can add some colour to the site?

http://www.tranceiver.co.uk
N/A

i like th colour scheme, why use colours when the site doens't need it, if your not careful it can beome garish, i dont mind flash in websites, but having the menu change location after clicking on links i found annoying, it jumps from the right on the homepage to the left

Darren
N/A

i never noticed that. i will see what happens if i change that. cheers :-)