cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well its been done

Community Veteran

well its been done

Well after numerous months of deliberation, changes of mind, and even a forum vote on here - the decision is done and deal completed.

The missus MX-5 is for sale, and we pick up her new car some time next week:

350Z GT Roadster in Blue. Just what the missus needs for driving in winter snow :roll: :!:
9 REPLIES
N/A

well its been done

well done chris, you got balls,

just a quick question though, did you consider one of these http://www.mcarsweb.com/noble/m12gto3rb.jpg

Nobel M12GTO

or would that be going a step too far for every day use

N/A

well its been done

Grake,

If I had the cash, I would defo have one just for going to the shop round the corner in :lol:

As it is, I am one of the poorer members of the UK public and so am stuck to walking places or going on my bike.
Actually this reminds me I need stabalizers for my bike this winter. Anyone know a place to get some decent and strong stabalizers from for a 150kb motorbike ? lol.
N/A

well its been done

.Anyone know a place to get some decent and strong stabalizers from for a 150kb motorbike ? lol.

Hi Tom

Not sure about stabilisers but this may be of some use. And if somebody gets in your way then it has an optional extra fitted that will sort them out. Wink
N/A

well its been done

ROFLMAO,

I like it. Those silly little school kids wont be trying to hitch a lift no more when they see that begger on the front :p
N/A

well its been done

Beautiful car chesterfield. The lady is clearly well looked after. Smiley

Enjoy.
Community Veteran

well its been done

well done chris, you got balls,

just a quick question though, did you consider one of these http://www.mcarsweb.com/noble/m12gto3rb.jpg

Nobel M12GTO

or would that be going a step too far for every day use

Actually, I have looked at those in the past, and even got on the stand at the last motorshow to have a sit in one and a good look over it.

They are lower than a snakes belly! Its hard enough getting in and out of the MX-5, never mind a noble. You are just about sat on the tarmac.

Although there is a slot for a radio, I doubt you'll hear it over the engine (or should that be engines, being two ford v6's welded together?)

It really is a drivers car, and not really something that the missus could live with day to day. As for me, I'd get in and probably sleep in it some nights as I wouldn't be bothered to struggle out of the thing.

Another car that strikes me as an awful car to get out of, is the Lotus Elise, and as it uses the same florplan, the Vauxhall VX220 - its very low, and the side sill is about a foot wide! Not easy for a large bloke to get out of, never mind a lass with any kind of skirt on.

The 350 should be in the garage by next Thursday.
N/A

well its been done

You gota love show off's :lol:
N/A

well its been done

well, have you got her yet chris?

dya think you'll be allowed to drive her to sheffield tomorrow?
Community Veteran

well its been done

You may have noticed I've been away for a couple of days.....

To busy playing with the new toy!

Picked it up yesterday - The misus had her works Christmas party last night, so I got it to myself for the night. Well after spending half an hour researching where to buy petrol for it, I settled on BP Ultimate as other than the station selling optimax about 6 miles away, the BP garage is as far as I can tell the ONLY garage in Chesterfield selling anything over 95RON.

So after taking it for its first fill, £55 on top of the £10-15 already in it from the dealer! :shock: I proceeded to get used to it driving in and around Chesterfield.

At about 9pm, after nearly coming unstuck twice by planting the right pedal too far at the wrong time/angle, I came to the conclusion that:

A: Some ESP programmer somewhere in the world has saved me making a mess of the car twice. :roll:

B: I should put the car away and get used to putting the right foot down when its not quite so wet. Shockedops:

So next came the challenge of putting it away in the garage. Which left me realising that there is only so much of an idea you can gain from measuring the door with a tape measure and comparing it to the specifications on the web, actually driving it in is not as easy as the false sense of security intilled in me by the tape measure had me beleiving. :?

This little exercise left me both happy and sad. Happy that it is actually possible to get the car in there, even though due to the garage being at 90 degrees to the drive, it does take a little more shuffling about first (compared to the old MX-5). And sad, because I now know that the majority of my weekend is now doubtless going to be spent outside in the cold garage jiggling things around (like a workbench and shelving!) so that the missus can park her new toy in my side of the garage, the "easy" side as she likes to call it. :lol:

I am actually toying with the idea of removing the central pillar to the garage, having a large (and very long) RSJ installed, and replacing the two doors with one big un'. Though quite how much this would cost I don't know.

Anyway, pictures to follow when it is not so dark - probably tomorrow.

I doub't I'll be bringing it to Sheffield, as parking in Sheffield at the best of times is a nightmare. Never mind on the run up to Christmas.

Well, Ive got the customer forum to attend, a list of points/questions to draw up tonight, the in laws coming round for a meal Saturday afternoon/evening. And the garage to reorganise on Sunday... So much for getting it washed and getting some miles on the clock!