cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web folders

Community Veteran

web folders

I almost don't want to bring this up, in case I spoil it, but having 250Mb of web space available on my account, and not having put a site in there yet, I thought I would set up a web folder in order to put some files there for safe keeping.

I noticed that my available web space didn't seem to decrease, according to the link in My Free-online, so as an experiment, I put a load of files there(over 40Mb worth), and it still hasn't decreased.

As I say, if this is a loop hole, I've probably just arranged for it to be closed, but I suspect it's just that the web space counter isn't seeing the files because they're not a web site as such, unless you can enlighten me further. ;0)

John
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: web folders

Mine seems to work ok,
Webspace Allocation 250
Webspace Used 7MB
2.8%
Webspace Free 243MB
97.2%

maybe the system needs time to update the portal, dunno, but if u have found a loophole tell me how!!!! lol

Platty

> I almost don't want to bring this up, in case I spoil it, but having 250Mb of web space available on my account, and not having put a site in there yet, I thought I would set up a web folder in order to put some files there for safe keeping.
>
> I noticed that my available web space didn't seem to decrease, according to the link in My Free-online, so as an experiment, I put a load of files there(over 40Mb worth), and it still hasn't decreased.
>
> As I say, if this is a loop hole, I've probably just arranged for it to be closed, but I suspect it's just that the web space counter isn't seeing the files because they're not a web site as such, unless you can enlighten me further. ;0)
>
> John

--
Everytime I learn something new it pushes old stuff out of my brain.
geewizz
Grafter

web folders

Thats an interesting little loophole if it is one. However it pales into insignificance against the one I've just come across. I was mucking around with various algorithms in the portal and I came across a way of accessing the online activities of the FOL support team. The whole history of websites visited is there and it makes interesting reading. I never knew there were websites like that!

Phil