cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vodafone plain english

Brickinit
Grafter

vodafone plain english

i have recently updated my account with vodafone through singlepoint ( now owned by vodafone). i agreed new terms for the next 12 months and received comfirmation in a letter this morning. now i can't get my head around what i agreed, and what they have stated in the letter, see if you can decipher what it means.

your monthly price plan is: line rental £23.00 freeline rental months 1,2 and3
1/2 price extras pack £1.50 free for f1st 3 months

your inclusive allowances are: 100 mins anytime to any uk network
free weekend calls to landlines and vodafone
£5 cash back for months 4-6
£6 of picture messages data and wap

what do ya think it means? in laymans terms please
11 REPLIES
N/A

vodafone plain english

WOW :!: That sounds compicated Tongue
with vodafone myself, signed up on line Vodafone (website) 12 months ago, total cost per month £15 including "free" phone, 100mins to any UK network + 50txts or 15pic messages per month all included. Tongue What a good deal, have just extended contract for next 12 months and got a "free" phone upgrade Tongue All done on line, keep check of calls etc.
The extras pack, sounds like that free for 1st 3months, then think you may be charged :?: Mine includes the extras pack £3 each month for the full term.
May be you should have checked the vodafone web site first, they got some great deals on there including "free phones" Tongue :!:
Brickinit
Grafter

vodafone plain english

i have got the wife on the one you are on, but it's only open to new numbers if you wont that tariff. i needed to keep my old number unfortunatley
N/A

vodafone plain english

Hi
Mind you its not bad if you get £5 cash back for 4 / 6 months, discount off yer bill :?: + £6 of pic messages..............not bad at 12p per go Tongue
Enjoy your new phone
Brickinit
Grafter

vodafone plain english

now you have had time to work it out, what i have actually signed up for is:-

£21.50 per month with 100 cross network mins.

the first 3 months free

50 free texts per month

free calls each weekend to vodafone and land lines
for the first 6 months then £5 per month thereafter
if i would like to carry it on.

when i phoned singlepoint they said, after a while that's exactly what i have got but i can't see that at all just have to wait for the first bill i guess
LiamM
Grafter

vodafone plain english

I personally much prefer O2. Found their service to be a lot more reliable.

I signed up Online so I'm dealing direct with them, not through a service provider.

£25/month with
- 500 xnet Minutes
- 500 Text Messages / 125 Media Messages
- 500 Wap Minutes (GPRS or GSM)
- 1Mb GPRS Data xfer

Plus "free" phone obviously, and can ugprade after 12 months. Splendid. They also do a £20 a month one that is the same but with 300 minutes not 500.

http://www.o2.co.uk
N/A

vodafone plain english

I used to like O2 until they decided they would cut costs using a huge knife.

There network is slowly falling down, and is now costing me 1/3rd extra, to send SMS message to there network, and even that has reliability problems.
LiamM
Grafter

vodafone plain english

Really? I've never had any problems. My dad and brother are on Orange and Vodafone respectively and they're constantly getting Network busy errors etc...

I've never had a single problem with O2.
Community Veteran

vodafone plain english

I think it must depend on the area you and your correspondents are located in. For instance, my whole family is on Orange and not one of us have any problems at all. Cool

Thomas
Brickinit
Grafter

vodafone plain english

i'm not unhappy with the line service side from vodafone it does me ok even with the amount of miles i do each week ( the worst signal i get is in my own home) it's just the "gobble d gook" that the agreement came as.the attual deal they gave me is fine as long as it is what they agreed over the phone, but as you can see it's hard to tell
N/A

vodafone plain english

I have used Vodafone for years, since I first got a mobile. I switched to O2 for some time and then onto what is now T-online.

O2 confused me with the pricing structure (PAYG) and the T-mobile faded away into my draw when I moved back to Vodafone through work.

We have threatened to move to Orange in the past from Vodafone, but that was CS related problems, rather than network related.

O2 did my fine as noted, with the exception of the way they priced calls. However, having now done a lot of research on the backend networks and using cost based SMS network services (3.9p a message rather than 9p+vat), I have found O2 to be the worst out of the UK networks.

At the start of July, they suddenly dropped one of there routing partners, which was a vital gateway for customers, if they wanted to receive SMS messages from the US and Central Europe. As a result, most bulk SMS carriers (not spammers) dropped some other gateways into O2 because of poor reliability.

O2 do have other ways into there network, which costs me 1/3 extra per message (a cost that soon mounts up), however, that still doesn't have the reliability of the original gateway.

3 and some independant networks (there is more than 3, Organge, O2, T-mobile and Vodafone, in select areas of the country), are better value for SMS, with much greater reliability than any of the major operators.
N/A

vodafone plain english

I think it all depends on experience, costs and coverage. I won't touch vodaphone as they are way too expensive for the amount of calls I make. I used to have a Cellnet Phone before they changed to O2 and they were pretty good.

However I've had an orange phone for the last 5 years and I've never looked back. Cheesy I've rarely had problems making calls or signal issues, and their customers service isn't too bad.

My sister has a 3 phone, and she's been plagued with CS problems, as they keep screwing up, add to the poor quality calls, problems when going from a 3G to a 2G area. They might be very cheap, but what is the point when you can't use your phone. Cry