cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video on web site hosted by f9

N/A

video on web site hosted by f9

Does anybody have a website on f9 with video clips on it for people to look at? I have a mac, and wish to set up a website hosted by f9 so people can check out short 30sec quicktime clips of music videos and short films I have shot.
So
I posted this question to customer support, but need more answers...
with an adsl package if i were to have a web site do you support having quicktime video on my web site for people to look at?
What software does your server suport for this?

2003-04-20
23:49:18 Comment By:  Saeed Rahman
Customer Support Centre Reply

Dear Customer,
Unfortunately we have no specific streaming software clients set up, on our webspace. This is not an indication that it cannot be done. Please post your query in our newsgroups (news.force9.net), where someone will be able to help you further.
---------
So can any help me further? What do I need?

Crighton Bone

1 REPLY
N/A

RE: video on web site hosted by f9

> Does anybody have a website on f9 with video clips on it for people to look at? I have a mac, and wish to set up a website hosted by f9 so people can check out short 30sec quicktime clips of music videos and short films I have shot.
> So
> I posted this question to customer support, but need more answers...
> with an adsl package if i were to have a web site do you support having quicktime video on my web site for people to look at?
> What software does your server suport for this?
>
> 2003-04-20
> 23:49:18 Comment By:  Saeed Rahman
> Customer Support Centre Reply
>
> Dear Customer,
> Unfortunately we have no specific streaming software clients set up, on our webspace. This is not an indication that it cannot be done. Please post your query in our newsgroups (news.force9.net), where someone will be able to help you further.
> ---------
> So can any help me further? What do I need?
>
> Crighton Bone
>
>
>

Hi Crighton,
As far as my understanding goes inorder to stream video (movie clips)from your website/webpages you would need to have server-side software installed on the host server (presumably with the permission of F9 & also with the appropriate file/security permissions on the server it is hosted on). There seem to be three major formats for streaming these are as you might already know or have guest:-quicktime,windows media player & realnetworks (realvideo & realaudio).

The host server would then have to streaming software related to one of these 3 formats,clients would also have to have the player (client software)installed locally on their PC inorder to view the clip.

Here are some useful links I found in relationship to this subject hope this helps:-

http://www.creationvideo.co.uk/streamingexplained.html
http://www.douglas.bc.ca/CET/previoused/html/stream.html
http://service.gateway.com/gateway/step/1,,8+43+26135+25049+752,00.html

PS: dont forget that streaming will only work where
there is good bandwidth i.e.K56 wont cut the mustard on this one its too slow!!

Ivan

--