cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalling belkin wireless

N/A

hi.
i am new to f9 and i am due to get adsl on the 18th. it seems as though i am connected early though because today when i tried to connect the belkin wireless router i have lights up the same as when i was with pipex.
i cannot get any web pages and called tech support and they could'nt help.

what i want to do is uninstall or get rid of the belkin router and connections so i can do a fresh install with an rj45 cable.
anyone be able to help, if you understand me lol.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi robby,

In order to do what you've described you need to do two things, 1) uninstall the software (drivers) for the wireless network card you have in your computer (PC or Laptop). For this you need to goto Start Buton, Settings,Control Panel, AddRemove Programs, open addRemove programs & look down the list for the software concerned, remove the software concerned. You might have to reboot the system afterwards.

2) For part two i.e. The Router itself, the best bet is to reset the factory settings and too do this their is usually a button some were on the box that allows you to do that.

**TBH with you the router settings are less critical because if the router is using its own DHCP server it will assign an IP address to your computer anyway.

**What is important is that you have the correct hostname's or IP address's for the F9 DNS servers. Otherwise you wont be able to find external websites out on the internet. The DNS IP's are shown on the portal here and you should also find them under your account details.

Hope this helps??

Ivan
N/A

thanks ivan.
did that and everything is fine. i got connected today 2 days early and it is all very good at the moment.
N/A

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ivan