cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unbelievable facts

N/A

unbelievable facts

I am interesteded in unbelievable facts.Has anyone got anything to offer?
Example Humans eat more sharks than sharks eat humans !
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: unbelievable facts

> I am interesteded in unbelievable facts.Has anyone got anything to offer?
> Example Humans eat more sharks than sharks eat humans !

The silkworm moth has eleven brains !
geewizz
Grafter

amazing facts:

1. 97% of all facts are based on fictional whimsies.

2. The phrase "Spick and Span" is derived from the ship building industry. Spick is a bastardisation of the word Spike, and refers to the large nails emloyed in fastening wooden hulls that would still be on show when a boat was newly constructed. Spans are the lengthways cuts in timbers made with a shaving hook, chisel or planing blade. On a new boat the Spikes and Spans were the obvious signs of its freshness and it was thus "Spick and Span."

3.The average time taken for somebody to reply to a thread on the general forum is about 10 months.
N/A

> amazing facts:
>
> 1. 97% of all facts are based on fictional whimsies.
>
> 2. The phrase "Spick and Span" is derived from the ship building industry. Spick is a bastardisation of the word Spike, and refers to the large nails emloyed in fastening wooden hulls that would still be on show when a boat was newly constructed. Spans are the lengthways cuts in timbers made with a shaving hook, chisel or planing blade. On a new boat the Spikes and Spans were the obvious signs of its freshness and it was thus "Spick and Span."
>
> 3.The average time taken for somebody to reply to a thread on the general forum is about 10 months.
You beat the average ! I saw your message 24 hours after you posted. Thanks for the info.