cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking of moving to nildram any feedback ?

N/A

Having been with PN for relativley happily for 6 years, I have sadly come to the conclusion that PN is going down hill rapidly
and that it is time to leave.
It is no longer the outfit I joined. For me, their frequent and obfuscated usage policy changes, really amout to a kind of bait and switch scam where you sign up and pay for one thing only to find if replaced by a lesser product - which to me seems dishonest and unfair.

I have been looking at Nildram who offer an up to 8mb package with 50gb peak and unlimited off peak (at least that is uderstandable no gold and bronze rubbish) for £25.99/ month. Don't know anything about them though - any feed back or other suggestions welcome.
7 REPLIES
janitor
Grafter

owned by pipex if that helps either way.
N/A

Sounds quite good - I am thinking (again) of moving from PlusNet due to slow connection in the evenings and I still disagree morally with the usage policy nonsense.

And there is still no way in hell that I would pay £15 to terminate my contract early. In fact, I have recommended PlusNet to two friends who I don't like recently, surely that should exclude me from the stupid £15 charge.
N/A

seems like a fair deal.

i hear zen is good as well.
N/A

Folks. I'll just add that the Community Support board is for the discussion of Plus Nets products and services and community support pertaining to those products and services. it is not for the discussion of other isp's offerings.

That discussion is best left to ADSL Guide or maybe General Chat.

As such, I am moving this topic to the General Chat section.
N/A

Nildram does good speed, good cs, and good reliability. I migrated from Nildram 500k (£24/mo) when they started introducing peaktime & caps, to PN+ 2m, thinking I would get a speed increase and save a few bob. How I regret it now....

Just asked for a MAC key to be issued and should be off PN soon. Have the next 30 days to decide between a shortlist of providers. Happy hunting!
N/A

Thanks for the comments guys.

interesting how this topic got kicked of the forum everyone reads !
N/A

The reasons for so doing have been explained both within the thread and in the PM to you.