cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed

N/A

speed

hi,
hows everyones speed. is it all normal for you or are some still having probs.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: speed REPLY

> hi,
> hows everyones speed. is it all normal for you or are some still having probs.

Hi,
I am still having Slowwwwwwww Speeds on my ADSL connection but support have reported some wider networking issues that seem to contribute to this, and I am going to follow the instructions they have suggested,that is changing the MTU (thats Maximum Transmission Unit)size to see if this improves network responsiveness.

**Tried connecting via an ordinary 56K modem ealier and it was aweful,so bad I gave up. Last connections repeatedly after 3mins and slow connection speed on 0845.

Ivan
--
N/A

RE: speed

I am still getting pathetic connection speeds, i am basically getting about 112k download, but it has dropped as low as 64k, that was impressive. I dont know what to try next i did the mru thing but it seemed to make no difference, I was thinking of bailing and going to bt internet, as I have given up asking F9 for help,

does anyone have any real recommendations on how to prove or improve the connection rate?

Good luck

Andy.
cannylad
Grafter

RE: speed REPLY

Hi, F9 is so slow I'm getting speeds of 128 but sometimes only 67, funny how their quick to take the money out the bank though. I think I've made a big mistake going with F9...surely there is some kind of pressure we can all put on F9 to do something about it.

> > hi,
> > hows everyones speed. is it all normal for you or are some still having probs.
>
> Hi,
> I am still having Slowwwwwwww Speeds on my ADSL connection but support have reported some wider networking issues that seem to contribute to this, and I am going to follow the instructions they have suggested,that is changing the MTU (thats Maximum Transmission Unit)size to see if this improves network responsiveness.
>
> **Tried connecting via an ordinary 56K modem ealier and it was aweful,so bad I gave up. Last connections repeatedly after 3mins and slow connection speed on 0845.
>
> Ivan
>
> --
>

--
N/A

how long have you guys been suffering for? my connection has been flaky since the day it was installed, sometimes good, but more often than not useless, with speeds comparable to my old modem! btw my problem have been ongoing since march, so only 4 months before i can bail an dump this piece of ***** and go with a provider worthy of my money.
N/A

Mine was great till about 8-10 weeks ago, same with a few other mates.

However one poor bugger who I recommended has only been on ADSL a couple of months & is extremely unimpressed & I can't blame him.

Carrie